• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Do you vote for the person or the party? (Any country)

This not only applies to the US election, but for any country where you vote for a local representative that is affiliated with a national political party.

Sometimes the person running under your preferred party for your local seat isn't your first choice. Maybe you personally know/identify with another candidate, or maybe the "party" candidate has done something you aren't fond of.

In any case, who do you vote for for when your preferred local candidate isn't the one endorsed by the national party you support? (I.e. You're a conservative but you like the local lib candidate, or vise-versa?)
Do you vote for the candidate or do you stick to party lines?

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I don't vote straight ticket, shitty people hide behind all kinds of labels.

I vote for the platform, for the policies

I would never vote for the Far Right (Lepen) or the Far Left (Mélenchon), I always vote among the moderate parties but among these moderate parties, I can go either right or wrong, depending on who are the candidates, what platform are they running on, where do they stand on the political spectrum.
In 2007 I voted for Sarkozy (Right) because I felt that Royal (Left) wasn't fit for the job
In 2012 I voted for Hollande (Left because I didn't wanted 5 more years of Sarkozy
In 2017 I vote for Macron (Center) because I thought Hamon (Left) was a joke and Fillon (Right) wasn't trustworthy.

Some might say that Bernie, which I support, is on the Far Left but the american political spectrump is shifted t the Right compared to France : In France, Bernie would be moderate-Left, The Democratic Party would be somwhere between the Center-Right and the Moderat- Left while the Republicans would be somwhere between the Moderate-Right and the Far-Right.
In France, Marine LePen is considered to be Far-Right. In the US, she would totally fit into the GOP

In a general election, I'm not voting for the individual but for the party platform, committee chairs, SCOTUS and lower court appointments and confirmations, etc.
As much as Republican Senators Susan Collins and Jeff Flake are reviled by those on the right, those two were the swing votes that got Kavanaugh confirmed.

In a general election, I'm not voting for the individual but for the party platform, committee chairs, SCOTUS and lower court appointments and confirmations, etc.
As much as Republican Senators Susan Collins and Jeff Flake are reviled by those on the right, those two were the swing votes that got Kavanaugh confirmed.

Collins, Flake and few others are like Justice Kennedy : Justice Kennedy was a conservative who occasionnely voted with the liberals. Collins and the others are Republicans who occasionnely vote with Democrats.

georges

Staff member
I vote for the party and the person
In 2002 voted Chirac because Lepen had no program
In 2007 voted Sarkozy because I hated the left
In 2012 voted Sarkozy because I hated the left
In 2017 voted Fillon because I hated that tool of Macron and Hamon too at the 1st round and at the 2nd round voted against Macron, because the blank vote isn't recognized.
I have never voted for leftists and centrists and never will because they are unpatriotic douchebags, feckless and unable to think over the long run and never had a real program whether it is economically or socially. Macron is a failure
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1036889/emmanuel-macron-news-french-president-popularity-poll-latest
https://www.economist.com/europe/2018/10/20/emmanuel-macrons-deepening-problems
Yet Johan likes this fucking tool

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't vote straight ticket, shitty people hide behind all kinds of labels.

^^^This. :thumbsup:

Party affiliation means virtually nothing to me. It doesn't tell me anything about the person in the uniform. Just like former Nazis after WWII, one day a guy's wearing a shirt with a swastika and the next day he's wearing a shirt with a hammer and sickle. Same guy though. ;)