• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Divide the Country?

Good Idea?

• Yes! REVOLUTION BABY!!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No, we must perserve the union at all costs!

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • I dont give a damn, I am Canadian.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
Things aren't that ridiculously bad are they? I mean what is the big fuss all about really? Healthcare? Thats been a thorn in our side for decades, its not terminal. Unemployment? The majority of americans still have jobs. Big ass oil spill off east coast? We've survived it before. There is no real reason to divide the country. These problems are pretty minor. Have a beer guys, life is pretty damn good.

Tell them pedobear, tell them! :'D

Certainly the US is VERY different regionally, and the Coasts are very different from "real" America.
See the kind of thinking? No part of America has a patent on what "real" America or Americans are. How backwards and elitist is that?
Splitting it up would be great, but the South tried that once and it didn't go well for anyone...:dunno:

Didn't go well for "anyone"? Really?? Most people who don't have their heads surrounded by shit from sitting up their ass so long think it went quite well for many people.

Sans the unfortunate death toll...if it had to happen...it most certainly turned out the best way it could and our country is stronger for it. At least that's my opinion.

So we have a nation divided with independents, Democrats and Republicans each with their own area?

This is utterly ridiculious! I will move to Canada then! At least they are sane....

PS Great maps gang! 8)

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
My favorite Ohioan

http://www.electricscotland.com/thomson/images/8.11 General W T Sherman.jpg

Edit - Do not hotlink except as described in the rules, please. IMG tags removed.

Rep for that. :thumbsup:

I haven't read enough about his early years to know if this is true, but Sherman's strategies and tactics certainly suggested that this great general understood the lessons of Total War, as demonstrated by the Romans and laid out in the writings of Sun Tzu. Or in redneck speak: Kick ass. Take names. And never say you're sorry.

As for dividing the country along the belief lines of the majority in any particular area? Er, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
*Enters* *looks around* *leaves*

See the kind of thinking? No part of America has a patent on what "real" America or Americans are. How backwards and elitist is that?

Didn't go well for "anyone"? Really?? Most people who don't have their heads surrounded by shit from sitting up their ass so long think it went quite well for many people.

Sans the unfortunate death toll...if it had to happen...it most certainly turned out the best way it could and our country is stronger for it. At least that's my opinion.

I was referring to the staggering death toll, which is by far the greatest amount of bloodshed the country has ever endured.

I've always thought that this is a good idea. While it makes a lot of sense to have an autonomous entity (government) to distribute resources and production in the public sphere, it seemed to be a stupid idea to have it be responsible for decision making. National Democracy also seems to be ineffective at management when half of the population doesn't agree with the other half, as the OP said.

The major problem of this new system would be economics. Assuming for convenience of argument that we kept the same territorial divide of the current state zones, each state is not economically equal in terms of domestic resources and production. This was the idea of the first confederate states and it was a failure largely because of this very reason. The other problem was that it was governed by an autonomous collective representing states that could never agree on anything.

I think that this could be resolved by keeping the current state territories and giving them autonomous governing, while keeping the federal government intact to perform all of it's administrative duties to preserve the national economy, but stripping it of all legislative power. I think that a federal constitution should still be in place as a guideline, but one that allowed for more state autonomy. It could have such provisions, for instance, as allowing citizens to continue interstate travel for obvious economic and political reasons.

In turn each state would also be stripped of it's confederated power, since there is no need for state senators and congressman without a national collective legislature. The legislature within the state would fall upon either the state government, or any other smaller factions like county, city, etc. whom are better representatives of their constituents.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Ah just use the map from the classic RPG Shadowrun:

[Please Note: the attachment in this post has been deleted by moderator JCMSVOBODA]
[Read more about the board rules: here]

Last edited by a moderator:
I still haven't heard a good reason we let the treasonous bastards back in the Union about 150 years ago!

:rofl:

For some reason this was hilarious. Soon, we'll probably get a British guy chiming in on how they have yet to be paid for that little tea party we threw them some 230 years ago.

why dont we just take out mexico and add 50 more states? they dont know how to run shit over there. :ak47:

I actually remember watching a TV series where that had actually happened. Doesn't seem like such a bad idea at first glance, but when you think about it, it would be just like pouring chocolate on an anthill. It doesn't really get rid of the problem.

I was referring to the staggering death toll, which is by far the greatest amount of bloodshed the country has ever endured.

As with all war, the human toll is tragic. Civil Wars usually exact the highest amount of deaths a nation suffers....Of course many more Americans will end up dead in war than otherwise where all the combatants are American.