• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Daunte Wright, and the existing warrant..

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
Interesting story here indeed.
https://www.insider.com/daunte-wright-details-of-charges-warrants-before-killed-by-police-2021-4

The outstanding warrant was for Mr. Wright failing to appear in court on April 2nd. This case stems from exercising his 2nd Amendment right to possess a firearm and then fleeing police when they approached the car he was in. By running he evaded the officers. [As an aside: The complaint was filed on March 4, 2021 while the incident took place on June 30, 2020. Why did it take 8 months to file the complaint?]

Prior to that incident: In December 2019, Wright and another man forced their way into a woman's home and tried to steal $820 from her at gunpoint. He was scheduled for an August 2021 appearance (no warrant on this one). From FOX: "Wright allegedly choked the woman while trying to pull the cash out from under her bra, where she had tucked it away." [Call me impressed with being able to stash $820 under a bra. Do they sell bras with special compartments for hiding cash?]

Prior to that incident he had two petty misdemeanors in August 2019 (disorderly conduct and marijuana).

He tried to run because it worked the last time he tried it.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
That woman is getting maybe more than she deserves. She showed immediate regret for her monumental fuckup. Does she deserve some form of punishment? Yes. But in the form of demotion, termination, forfeiture of pension. But prison time? Not especially. Her actions were what I'd expect from someone who receives poor training. I don't know what their ongoing training is like in that department but any trainer worth their salt would have corrected that mixup right quick and in a hurry.

I've carried a taser and firearm for more years than I care to admit. I've never confused one for the other as they are usually on opposite sides of my duty belt or if I'm wearing a tactical vest the taser is usually near my chest and in no way could be mistaken for a pistol when muscle memory kicks in.

This incident in particular is a near perfect argument for fully funding police departments. If you cut funding, you cut training. If you cut training, you get accidental shootings and negligent discharges. I won't be surprised when in the near future, communities that have voted to castrate police departments have a huge surge in officer involved shootings/accidents/sloppy policing because of their short-sightedness.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Ah, ha! Leave it to Fox News to FINALLY share WHAT the outstanding arrest warrant was for, for Mr. Wright:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/daunte-w...tempted-aggravated-robbery-when-he-was-killed

Well, now - first-degree aggravated robbery, eh? No wonder he tried to run from the police. IF HE HAD LISTENED to the police officer, who plead with him "Don't run, Daunte ..," he'd still be alive today. In jail, but alive.
How many times do people like you have to be told that the police are NOT judge, jury and executioner?

gmase

How many times do people like you have to be told that the police are NOT judge, jury and executioner?
They start and stop reading the Constitution at the Second Amendment. If they kept reading it, they would find the Sixth Amendment (ratified 1791):
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.​

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
They also seem blissfully unaware that, y'know, guns are bad and kill people and that maybe you shouldn't have those.

gmase

That woman is getting maybe more than she deserves. She showed immediate regret for her monumental fuckup. Does she deserve some form of punishment? Yes. But in the form of demotion, termination, forfeiture of pension. But prison time? Not especially. Her actions were what I'd expect from someone who receives poor training. I don't know what their ongoing training is like in that department but any trainer worth their salt would have corrected that mixup right quick and in a hurry.
Good post with some good insight. Your reference to poor training will certainly come up in the civil suit when it gets filed.

A few years in prison, some probation, and forfeiture of future employment benefits would seem like a reasonable outcome - given the fact she killed someone without due process. Think of this way, if someone accidentally shot a police officer and immediately showed regret, what would be their proper punishment?

After reviewing the bodycam footage, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension asserted:
[An official] later collected and reviewed the layout of the defendant’s duty belt. [The official] observed that the defendant’s handgun is holstered on the right side of the belt and her Taser is holstered on the left side of the belt. Both grips/handles of the defendant’s Taser and handgun face the defendant’s rear, and the Taser is yellow with a black grip. [The official] noted the defendant’s Taser is set in a straight-draw position, meaning the defendant would have to use her left hand to draw the Taser out of its holster.​

This incident in particular is a near perfect argument for fully funding police departments. If you cut funding, you cut training. If you cut training, you get accidental shootings and negligent discharges. I won't be surprised when in the near future, communities that have voted to castrate police departments have a huge surge in officer involved shootings/accidents/sloppy policing because of their short-sightedness.
If one assumes communities have been properly funding police departments, what are these communities getting now? Cities have thrown tens, if not hundreds, of millions of dollars into policing and are still getting some adverse outcomes. Perhaps, given the number of interactions, it is inevitable that accidents will happen.

I had a policeman tell me that 40 years ago. I can give anyone who drives a car a ticket anytime I want to. There is always something wrong. Just depends how wrong.
I'm not sure if it's still true, or if it's true depending on the department, but I have heard of "quotas" for traffic tickets that each officer has to hit. This could be how they hit them.

Steve-FreeOnes

Staff member
Guns are inanimate objects. My 1911 is sitting on my nightstand not killing anyone.
f90fa2b020bacb0bcdbd4045fd379e7d.gif

Ace Boobtoucher

Show me an instance of a firearm killing someone of its own volition and I'll eat the underwear I wore under my uniform today. It's ripe.

Ace Boobtoucher

That was Hollywood fiction. And that firearm wasn't sentient. That would more precisely be attributed to negligent discharge.

gmase

Guns are inanimate objects. My 1911 is sitting on my nightstand not killing anyone.

You are right, they don't kill anyone until someone pulls the trigger. As Republican LA senator John Kennedy said, "We have an idiot control problem." Is it easier to control the idiots or the object?

I won't ask why you feel the need to have one on your nightstand.

I've carried a taser and firearm for more years than I care to admit. I've never confused one for the other as they are usually on opposite sides of my duty belt or if I'm wearing a tactical vest the taser is usually near my chest and in no way could be mistaken for a pistol when muscle memory kicks in.

Oh fuck off. You want to know why we have the problem we have now with cops acting like an occupying force. It's because of clowns like Dave Grossman.

gmase

Oh fuck off. You want to know why we have the problem we have now with cops acting like an occupying force. It's because of clowns like Dave Grossman.
As long as Ace gets to blow shit up, he's fine. He doesn't seem to give a fuck about anything else. Fuck the people being shot - it's not the guns fault. Fuck the people grocery shopping - the murderer has superior rights. Fuck the kids in school. Guns baby!

Don't interfere with their right to own guns because their right to own an object supersedes any victim's rights to life and liberty. They would rather allow an idiot to buy a gun than allow the idiot's victims live. It's a feature of living in America. Unless you're one of the victims of course. Then it becomes a bug.

But, hey, cars kill people too.

Last edited: