• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Dat Dow tho

Good news, but let's see if it sustains.

In order to match the Dow's percentile gain under Obama it will have to reach 45,000

Yeah, billionaires, bankers and wall street traders get more money but average americcans are still struggling to make ends meet, let's celebrate !

wall-street-bankers-690x389.jpg

Good news, but let's see if it sustains.

In order to match the Dow's percentile gain under Obama it will have to reach 45,000

So basically you are suggesting a major financial crisis needs to happen .

What a god damn disingenuous argument this is.

After the crash because of the housing bubble, major government bailouts and investment brought the markets back I'll take Trump's model over Obama's any day.

The market doing what the market does without government intervention.

During that particular time in history, a sock puppet could have commandeered a market recovery that was going to bounce back anyway.

So basically you are suggesting a major financial crisis needs to happen.

I'm not "suggesting" any such thing. It would be horrific if we have to suffer another huge crisis. All I did was state a factoid.

I'll take Trump's model over Obama's any day.

I won't.
That was a major reason the crisis happened to begin with.
Ever watched this video? http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/
If not, give it a go sometime

I'm not "suggesting" any such thing. It would be horrific if we have to suffer another huge crisis. All I did was state a factoid.

I'll take Trump's model over Obama's any day.

I won't.
That was a major reason the crisis happened to begin with.
Ever watched this video? http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/warning/
If not, give it a go sometime

I admit this is beyond my expertise, i.e., interest, but wasn't the housing bubble and thus the financial crisis in 2008 ultimately caused BY government intervention? Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac? I don't know who those two people are. Didn't President George W. Bush warn against it? Then something about Barney Frank getting lit up on O'reilly.

k just beared down and read up on it.

wasn't relaxed lending standards on mortgages driven mostly by progressive forces (the democrats) within our government in an effort to get more minorities into home ownership?

good intentions paving the way and all. and yes, unscrupulous types in the private sector seized on that.

if that's the case, it doesn't surprise me. I'll take sheer, bald-faced greed over the know-what's-best sanctimonious good intentions of the left any day.

I admit this is beyond my expertise, i.e., interest, but wasn't the housing bubble and thus the financial crisis in 2008 ultimately caused BY government intervention? Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac? I don't know who those two people are. Didn't President George W. Bush warn against it? Then something about Barney Frank getting lit up on O'reilly.

Bush at one time warned against, but by 2002 he'd jumped fully onto the bandwagon, to the point where he later started taking credit himself for the boom (that preceded the bust).

I'm no expert either, but imo the crisis was caused by a combination of too much intervention on the one hand and too little (of a different sort) on the other.
If you're interested, that really is a fascinating link I posted. Most of us regular Joes had probably never even heard of the derivatives market before 2008. And it's failure was instrumental in the crash. It was,as I recall, completely unregulated at the time, with trillions of dollars in play.

The derivative markets have been accused for their alleged role in the financial crisis of 2007-2010. Specifically the Credit Default Swaps CDSs, financial instruments traded on the over the counter derivatives markets, and the Mortgage Backed Securities MBSs, a type of securitized debt. The leveraged operations are said to have generated an "irrational appeal" for risk taking, and the lack of clearing obligations also appeared as very damaging for the balance of the market. The G-20’s proposals for financial markets reform all stress these points, and suggest:
higher capital standards
stronger risk management
international surveillance of financial firms' operations
dynamic capital rules.

Bush at one time warned against, but by 2002 he'd jumped fully onto the bandwagon, to the point where he later started taking credit himself for the boom (that preceded the bust).

I'm no expert either, but imo the crisis was caused by a combination of too much intervention on the one hand and too little (of a different sort) on the other.
If you're interested, that really is a fascinating link I posted. Most of us regular Joes had probably never even heard of the derivatives market before 2008. And it's failure was instrumental in the crash. It was,as I recall, completely unregulated at the time, with trillions of dollars in play.

The derivative markets have been accused for their alleged role in the financial crisis of 2007-2010. Specifically the Credit Default Swaps CDSs, financial instruments traded on the over the counter derivatives markets, and the Mortgage Backed Securities MBSs, a type of securitized debt. The leveraged operations are said to have generated an "irrational appeal" for risk taking, and the lack of clearing obligations also appeared as very damaging for the balance of the market. The G-20’s proposals for financial markets reform all stress these points, and suggest:
higher capital standards
stronger risk management
international surveillance of financial firms' operations
dynamic capital rules.

I'll watch it. Thanks for posting it.

The big short was also a fun movie that delved lightly into CDSs and MBSs etc. On netflix last I looked.

The market is gushing all over itself because the 1%ers think that the anti regulation party is going to turn the USA into an all you can eat buffet, and they're salivating to tear into it. There's nothing good on the horizon for the bottom 90%, only lower wages, less job security, higher cost of living, crumbling infrastructure, and a trashed environment.

But I'm sure all the rich people squealing about all the extra money they're making will make the lower and middle classes forget all about the unlubricated prison rape that republicans are attempting to give them, right?

The big short was also a fun movie that delved lightly into CDSs and MBSs etc. On netflix last I looked.

The market is gushing all over itself because the 1%ers think that the anti regulation party is going to turn the USA into an all you can eat buffet, and they're salivating to tear into it. There's nothing good on the horizon for the bottom 90%, only lower wages, less job security, higher cost of living, crumbling infrastructure, and a trashed environment.

But I'm sure all the rich people squealing about all the extra money they're making will make the lower and middle classes forget all about the unlubricated prison rape that republicans are attempting to give them, right?

Nothing good on the horizon for the bottom 90 percent?

:rofl:

Do you know how much wealth has been created for the middle class worker and investor in the past 7 months alone?
They are part of that 90 percent.

Just STFU.

Dumb ass.

No, please enlighten me. How much wealth did fox news say your god emperor has created for the middle class in the last 7 months?

Dazzle me with your brilliance.

When you go with facts, no need to dazzle.

36 percent of households are invested in the market. When you add pensions and mutual funds, 80 percent are effected directly or indirectly.

50 percent of the markets are invested in 401k plans.

The market has gained 4 trillion in wealth since November.

That would make a net increase in middle class wealth somewhere around 2-3 trillion.

That must make you very sad.

Do you know how much wealth has been created for the middle class worker and investor in the past 7 months alone?
They are part of that 90 percent.
Yeah, so much wealth created. We've all heard about how their wages doubled...

The only good news from this adminijstration for the 90% is that TrumpCare failed

Yeah, so much wealth created. We've all heard about how their wages doubled...

The only good news from this adminijstration for the 90% is that TrumpCare failed

You know something genius? Obamacare is imploding as I type this.

The failure to pass MAGAcare has nothing to do with the abysmal failure known as Obamacare.

When you go with facts, no need to dazzle.

36 percent of households are invested in the market. When you add pensions and mutual funds, 80 percent are effected directly or indirectly.

50 percent of the markets are invested in 401k plans.

The market has gained 4 trillion in wealth since November.

That would make a net increase in middle class wealth somewhere around 2-3 trillion.

That must make you very sad.

The top 10% of Americans own 81% of the stock market. The next 10% own 11%, leaving the bottom 80% of Americans with 8% of the market. http://www.npr.org/2017/03/01/51797...t-many-americans-left-out-of-the-conversation

Not sure how you came up with your 2-3 trillion estimate. Did you get it off the guy who estimated drumpf's inauguration crowd?

The top 10% of Americans own 81% of the stock market. The next 10% own 11%, leaving the bottom 80% of Americans with 8% of the market. http://www.npr.org/2017/03/01/51797...t-many-americans-left-out-of-the-conversation

Not sure how you came up with your 2-3 trillion estimate. Did you get it off the guy who estimated drumpf's inauguration crowd?

National Panhandler Radio :1orglaugh

The top one percent also responsible for 80 percent of investment, R&D hiring, management

NPR. :1orglaugh

I'll take that as an admission of defeat.

Defeat how?

Because you posted an NPR article from March 1?

All you did was post an article echoing a left wing talking point.

The top one percent are also responsible for 52 percent of the income taxes in this country.
Let's talk taxation inequality.

If the risk takers make 80 percent of the investment, they deserve 80 percent of the spoils.

Anyway, let's say based upon American workers being invested in 401k at 38 percent, that is still 2 trillion in wealth creation for the middle class.

1/3 of American workers 55 million, are invested in a 401k plan.