• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Couple crashes White House state dinner: Secret Service

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20091126/ts_afp/usindiadiplomacydinnersecurity_20091126084216

WASHINGTON (AFP) – The US Secret Service is investigating how two White House gatecrashers beat several layers of security to attend a state dinner with President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

The Secret Service, in charge of White House security, is "conducting a comprehensive review of the incident which occurred at the White House State Dinner" late Tuesday, Special Agent Edwin Donovan told AFP.

The couple, Tareq and Michaele Salahi, boasted of turning up to the event on their joint Facebook page with the message "honored to be at the White House for the state dinner in honor of India with President Obama and our First Lady!"

Sporting a black dinner jacket and a flowing red and gold sari respectively, the couple posted photos posing with vice president Joe Biden, White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel and even three uniformed Marines.

The breach could not have come during a more embarrassing occasion for the secret service, with the dinner attended by 300 high-profile guests, a major event in Washington's social calendar.

The White House pulled out all the stops, pitching a large marque on the south lawn, decking tables with fuchsia and sweet pea arrangements, tall candles and drafting the National Symphony Orchestra to supply music.

An official White House guest list, which did not include the Salahis, read like a who's who of the US security establishment. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Defense Secretary Robert Gates and Admiral Mike Mullen, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff were among those invited.

Other notables included film director Steven Spielberg, New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Jhumpa Lahiri and spiritual guru Deepak Chopra.

"Initial findings identified a Secret Service checkpoint which did not follow proper procedures to ensure that the two individuals named... were on the invited guest list," Donovan said.

He emphasized that the couples "went through magnetometers and other levels of security, as did all guests attending the dinner."

The Washington Post described the couple as polo-playing socialites and aspiring reality TV stars from nearby northern Virginia.

The pairs' other Facebook photos showed a penchant for posing with the rich and famous, with past shots appearing to show them with Polo-loving Prince Charles, President Obama, former president Bill Clinton, former presidential candidate John McCain, Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby and Buzz Aldrin.

Michaele Salahi's photos show her as a former Washington Redskins' cheerleader and posing in a skimpy dress for the cover of a local style magazine."

More publicity seeking aspiring reality TV stars like the couple who faked their son was in a balloon.

But this time they have really violated some pretty serious laws (trespassing on white house grounds etc).Hopefully these people do any show from behind bars.Guess thats what the country gets though for supporting those crappy reality shows.:(

jasonk282

Banned
Read about it this morning, pretty embarassing stuff for the Secret Service.

LOL at "aspiring" reality TV stars. Really?

Wonder what is the pentality for trespassing on the White house?

Read about it this morning, pretty embarassing stuff for the Secret Service.

LOL at "aspiring" reality TV stars. Really?

Wonder what is the pentality for trespassing on the White house?

I guess the public spectacle that was the "balloon boy" hoax had already been done. That guy plead to a felony charge. I hope this will be more than just a slap on the wrist.

I don't know if its really trespassing, since they were allowed in by the Secret Service perimeter post at the White House gate. If you let me into you house, even if I lied about my reasons for being there, its not trespassing until you tell me to leave and I refuse.

However, I've heard multiple reports that lying to the Secret Service for any reason is a federal felony. So that should bring some hefty charges.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
The US Secret Service is investigating how two White House gatecrashers beat several layers of security to attend a state dinner with President Barack Obama and Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.

maybe if they'd have done their job in the first place...they wouldn't have to do it now? :dunno:

just a thought.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Don't you think the secret service would have been all over this?

I really can't believe two people "crashed" a White House party.

I checked their facebook page and they have gotten 3,000 more people in the last 12 hours. Most people are leaving nice little messages for them, though. Such as:

u are such a fuckin retard for crashing the state dinner. u and ur husband r fuckin retards

I wouldn't want to see her nude, it'd be like looking at a skeleton and a cadaver's skin (that has aged for 5 years in the sun) draped over it

A lot of people are supporting them in their move though. Some are applauding them for standing up for democracy, which I don't understand how this is supporting it... :confused:

iv6789

Closed Account
Could it really be considered trespassing since we own the White House, not the Obamas? I think it would actually be a decent legal argument at least.

Could it really be considered trespassing since we own the White House, not the Obamas? I think it would actually be a decent legal argument at least.

It would be trespassing on government property. If they lied to the secret service about who they were then they can also get charged with lying to a federal agent.

On the bright side it's better a breach of security happen like this to show you what's wrong, than to have it happen with somebody that has malicious intentions through.

From what I've been hearing on the TV, is a few of the press knew who they were (just couldn't figure out how they had the pull to get invited). That might have unintentionally helped their getting in, than if the press line was mumbleing "Who the <bleep> are they?"

When I first saw the photos the woman looked like Ann Coulter, who certainly should never be allowed in the White House.

More publicity seeking aspiring reality TV stars like the couple who faked their son was in a balloon.

But this time they have really violated some pretty serious laws (trespassing on white house grounds etc).Hopefully these people do any show from behind bars.Guess thats what the country gets though for supporting those crappy reality shows.:(

I was watching this on TV, and thought something similiar. It's a fast ride to reality stardom this way, and as with any willful lawbreaker there has to be firm prosecution if and when you're caught. Like the balloon boy parents, they still broke the laws and have to pay for their 5 minutes of fame. I wanted to be on TV isn't a very good excuse.

I don't know if its really trespassing, since they were allowed in by the Secret Service perimeter post at the White House gate. If you let me into you house, even if I lied about my reasons for being there, its not trespassing until you tell me to leave and I refuse.

However, I've heard multiple reports that lying to the Secret Service for any reason is a federal felony. So that should bring some hefty charges.

Yes, it is trespassing as far as my understanding goes. Lying to law enforcement is always breaking the law. Hopefully the next pictures of them we see are holding a sign with a number on it.

George Bush also got in by pretending to be the President. :)

Well, they've got their 15 minutes of fame now. I'm guessing the book deals are already in the works and maybe even a TV show. If the chick who gave birth to 14 kids can get a TV show (why?) I wouldn't put it passed these two morons getting one.

The things people will do to become a "celebrity", eh? It's laughable.

I think it is awesome! Goes to show the lack of security work the secret service and White House guards are doing!

They did nothing wrong. College parties are better guarded! :rolleyes:

I'd be more supportive of these two had the whole reality show aspirations are not known about.

They were all over talking to everyone and anyone. Seems all was having a good time until secret service realized how foolish and stupid they looked when they were tricked by two folks.

georges

Staff member
It shows one thing, the white house is not so well guarded and if someone wants to attack Obama and his crew, he will do.

Lame. They didn't do any harm. The secret service fucked up, it should be them on the line, not these people. If you can just stroll into a private dinner with the president, and no one is going to bother to stop you, it's pretty BS to arrest you for it later. If the two people hadn't broadcast it to the public, then no one would have ever known that they weren't supposed to have been there.