• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Conservatives/Republicans, what is the worst thing about the right?

I can't think of anything that sheds poor light on the Right, except the Left.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
What's the worst thing about the Right?

We can't get decent candidates.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
My question is this: Why is everyone in such a hurry to label themselves as one or the other? Whatever happened to free thought?

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
What's the worst thing about the Right?

We can't get decent candidates.

Mc Cain was a decent candidate but came at a bad time. He could make a good run now if he wasn't so old and Palin was forgotten about. His reach across the aisle campaign didn't sit well with me either. For me that was worse than Palin. Obama put forward his agenda and told the people that he was going to run with it. A show that he had solutions rather than Mc Cain promising us he could be the great mediator. That's not the way to sell yourself as a maverick. Christie would make a good run when and if he wants to. Other than him the well is pretty dry.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
I don't think I could stand Chris Christie complaining that the food industry was running attack ads on him every time they advertised their products.

Mayhem

Banned
Mc Cain was a decent candidate but came at a bad time. He could make a good run now if he wasn't so old and Palin was forgotten about. His reach across the aisle campaign didn't sit well with me either. For me that was worse than Palin. Obama put forward his agenda and told the people that he was going to run with it. A show that he had solutions rather than Mc Cain promising us he could be the great mediator. That's not the way to sell yourself as a maverick. Christie would make a good run when and if he wants to. Other than him the well is pretty dry.

I remember that we had opposite viewpoints about Christie addressing the GOP convention. Without getting carried away....I was right. Christie fell flat. At best, he did Romney no favors whatsoever by being keynote speaker. If you want to disagree with that assessment, I won't freak out if you do, but I still say I was right.

If he runs in 2016, I predict a variation on the current theme. A guy who doesn't connect with the voters and will constantly have to walk-back a large percentage of what he says. Don't get me wrong, I hope it happens, then the Dems will have another 4 years in the White House (Hill-dawg in 2016). But the biggest favor the Republicans can do for themselves is to start looking for someone who actually stands a chance. And that's going to take a true "maverick" who will toss most of the Conservative social agenda in the trash. In four years it is going to be exponentially harder to sell Pro-Life, Pro-church, anti-contraception, etc.

In other words, you guys have 2 problems:
1. The candidates you have to choose from.
2. Everything they stand for.

2008 was just a bad time to run as a Republican. People were just fed up with eight years of Bush, he hurt the brand a little bit.

What I don't like about the right is how they claim to be true patriots, they wrap themselves with the flag. Funny thing about some of the most fervent so-called patriots are from the south, the GOP's strongest voting base, yet many still fly the Confederate flag. Didn't they want to secede from the US some time back? Also the when it comes to the almost death-like grip of the Bible and religion, if it's not in the good book, it' is evil. If people like Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Edison, da Vinci, Salk, Tesla, Pasture and so many more only followed the Bible, the western world would still be stuck in the Dark Ages.

My question is this: Why is everyone in such a hurry to label themselves as one or the other? Whatever happened to free thought?

:clap:

I agree with that. There are problems with the right and left. A big part of the problem is that there is absolutely no compromise because they see each other as evil, stupid, or something else that can't be bargained with.

It would almost be better if we took that political bell curve and chopped off 10% from the right and left.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
I remember that we had opposite viewpoints about Christie addressing the GOP convention. Without getting carried away....I was right. Christie fell flat. At best, he did Romney no favors whatsoever by being keynote speaker. If you want to disagree with that assessment, I won't freak out if you do, but I still say I was right.

If he runs in 2016, I predict a variation on the current theme. A guy who doesn't connect with the voters and will constantly have to walk-back a large percentage of what he says. Don't get me wrong, I hope it happens, then the Dems will have another 4 years in the White House (Hill-dawg in 2016). But the biggest favor the Republicans can do for themselves is to start looking for someone who actually stands a chance. And that's going to take a true "maverick" who will toss most of the Conservative social agenda in the trash. In four years it is going to be exponentially harder to sell Pro-Life, Pro-church, anti-contraception, etc.

In other words, you guys have 2 problems:
1. The candidates you have to choose from.
2. Everything they stand for.

You were right about Christie. I thought if someone could shout loud for Mitt it would be him. But as we saw from the speech even he couldn't muster up enough words to prop up Mitt so to fill time he decided to talk about himself. Christie did say the he rewrote it a dozen times. Christie played his cards right. Backed him early and did some stumping in the primaries. There's nothing more to do for this empty cardboard box.

Their obsession with "policing" the world, plain and simple. Their love of turd-world (cheap) immigration that undermines middle-class Americans and lower-class Americans. Those are the two biggest for me.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
:clap:

I agree with that. There are problems with the right and left. A big part of the problem is that there is absolutely no compromise because they see each other as evil, stupid, or something else that can't be bargained with.

It would almost be better if we took that political bell curve and chopped off 10% from the right and left.

I have to burst your bubble. Watch this:

The very next day after that bipartisan meeting, the Republicans feel like slapping Obama in the face like that?