• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

CNN throws in the towel on fake Russian news

CNN has dismantled its vaunted Trump-colluded-with-the-Russians investigative unit in a wretched concession to reality. The only thing the unit found was an empty well for stories, surrounded by a crust of fake news. The whole caper damaged the network's credibility, and the public just wasn't buying it anymore. So the whole unit had to go.

What a shabby end to what the network had put so much stock in in the heady days of trying to oust President Trump just as he had taken office.

The New York Times attributes the unit's sorry end to confusion in the fact-checking process – which is baloney for anyone who has ever worked in a newsroom – claiming that on one bad story, a lawyer's concerns were ignored. That's not the way it works in most newsrooms – normally, the lawyer has the loudest voice about what goes to press, given the potential for lawsuits, much to the resentment of the reporters. Well, the CNN editors ignored it and paid for it with their jobs when it came back to bite them.

Another problem the Times mentions but doesn't dwell on is the issue of single-source reporting – from political partisans. Of course a single-source report from a political partisan is going to yield a bad result. This is why reporters are supposed to add value and put out something different from press releases. Well, CNN opted to go for single sources, which is testimony in the Times' mind to the pressure the network was under to produce something.

The only reason the people at CNN were unable to produce is that there was no there there. And that's the real reason for the unit's ignominious end. The news project was not premised on finding the truth, as real journalism is supposed to, but on confirming the left's deepest rage, resentment, and fear – that the election was stolen from them by the hated Russians. That was the root of all the fake news that came of the unit, such as claims that certain Trump administration officials were under investigation when they were not and errant reporting about James Comey.

Setting up a unit to confirm an ideological bias from an embittered losing party is no way to get bang for the news buck, which is the cash and resources that go into investigative reporting. There has to be a there there, and there wasn't any there there on the Russia story. There wasn't even an audience.

Maybe if CNN can learn to curb its ideological biases and refocus on reporting the news without fear or favor, it might just return to what it used to be. As it is now, its reputation lies in ruins.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...towel_on_fake_russian_news.html#ixzz4rxYi4zRI
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

There has to be a there there, and there wasn't any there there on the Russia story. There wasn't even an audience.

No kidding?
So does this mean the investigation headed by Mueller is over?
The one an audience of millions here and across the globe IS intensely interested in?
Wow I must have missed that news somehow! :rolleyes:

theamericanstinker... lol

Mayhem

Banned
yeah, can't wait, the suspense is killing me.

what the hell is Donald Trump Jr. doing now?

Somehow thinking about Dear Leader and the demon-spawn he named after himself, I feel like watching Braveheart again. :popcorn:

"Son, let's go have a chat on the roof. Yeah...come stand by me... close to the edge"

yeah, can't wait, the suspense is killing me.

what the hell is Donald Trump Jr. doing now?

Somehow thinking about Dear Leader and the demon-spawn he named after himself, I feel like watching Braveheart again. :popcorn:

"Son, let's go have a chat on the roof. Yeah...come stand by me... close to the edge"

In Braveheart Patrick McGoohan's King Edward I did not throw his son out the window, he threw his son's lover/incompetent military advisor out the window.

Mayhem

Banned
In Braveheart Patrick McGoohan's King Edward I did not throw his son out the window, he threw his son's lover/incompetent military advisor out the window.

I understand that. But the basic premise is the obnoxious overlord dealing with him dimwitted demon spawn. In the movie, the innocent gay guy gets the toss, but I still like the similarities to real life (except for the innocent gay guy getting the toss. He was, after all, well schooled in the arts of war and that equals gays in the military, which I support).

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I understand that. But the basic premise is the obnoxious overlord dealing with him dimwitted demon spawn. In the movie, the innocent gay guy gets the toss, but I still like the similarities to real life (except for the innocent gay guy getting the toss. He was, after all, well schooled in the arts of war and that equals gays in the military, which I support).

Maybe he could toss Paul Manafort out the window instead. It sure won't be golden-boy Jared.