• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

clever crows

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
They're smart birds. A lot of species of bird are.

bahodeme

Closed Account
The crow waiting for the signal to cross is smarter than quite few people and it stayed in the crosswalk area.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
The place I work at has had a large pigeon problem for quite a while. A couple of months ago, they called in a team of guys to catch them, then release them 100 miles away - then put a sticky substance on the shelving that the birds would not like to land on, thus moving away.
One very large pigeon alluded them.
Weeks went by. Apparently, this particular large pigeon is the Pied-Piper of pigeons, as about a dozen and a half more had again populated the store shelving. An employee contacted the EPA, saying the birds were a health hazard (which they are). The EPA informed the store the birds were to be dealt with immediately.
Another team came in to clean out the pigeons. And once again, one eluded them - the granddaddy of them all. This time, the team installed a misting machine which emits a sour grape smell, which apparently pigeons hate with a passion.
This fucker came back and has perched nightly on a skid right over the mister. I mean, literally, right over it.
This bird is the Albert Einstein of the pigeon world. I am betting that every night, this fucker is breaking into the store and creating a weapon of mass destruction out of tools from the hardware department.

birds, and other animals impress us all the time, when the seem to out smart their surroundings. which they do all the time. it's like the store you hear in school about the birds that fill up the water bottle with pebbles and rocks to get the water' it happens we just seem not to care that much

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
That is why the phrase "bird brain" does not make sense.

I think that refers to the size of the brain....which is ironic, considering how big most humans brains are. Just an observation.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
Ravens > Crows.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Ravens > Crows.

Ravens and crows are very smart. I remember one Nature doco about a type of crow (in New Caledonia I think) that actually finds a thin stick and works/bends it into a shape to dig out grubs from tree trunks and logs. There are only a few animals or birds that are capable of "tool use".