• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Calaveras Fault hit with nearly 40 aftershocks after 5.6 quake

"Nearly 40 small aftershocks struck on the Calaveras Fault on Wednesday, following Tuesday night's moderate earthquake near San Jose that startled residents throughout the Bay Area.

The 5.6-magnitude quake caused only minor damage in South Bay communities, and the aftershocks - the largest at 3:54 p.m. with a magnitude of 3.7 - occurred south of the main quake's epicenter near the Calaveras Reservoir, according to Tom Brocher, a seismologist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/11/01/BACAT43ST.DTL

I have only experienced one minor earthquake in my life and all it did was knock all the glasses from the bar I was sat at lasting about 10 seconds.

To experience quakes like this on a regular basis must be very frightening.

Well, its not THAT regular. Quakes happen every day, of course, but most arent big enough to even be felt. This area should die down in the coming weeks and all will be back to normal.

Plus you're pretty much trained when you live out here. I remember in '89, the earth started doing its thing, I calmly stood up and walked under an archway to wait it out. I was seven at the time. Schools do a good job out in the Bay about that...or at least they used to.

Facetious

Moderated
I only felt the one yesterday around 4 pm.

If all goes as planned :1orglaugh Daness will have ocean front property if this keeps up :1orglaugh

I only felt the one yesterday around 4 pm.

If all goes as planned :1orglaugh Daness will have ocean front property if this keeps up :1orglaugh

Unfortunately the stories about California falling off someday and sinking into the ocean are just a myth. :1orglaugh