• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bus driver stops entire full bus to pray...wtf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...ks-passengers-aboard-as-he-stops-to-pray.html

The driver pulled over without warning and rolled out a high-visibility jacket as a makeshift prayer mat before removing his shoes, turning to face Mecca and starting to chant in Arabic.

Passengers said they looked on in stunned silence, fearing the driver may be preparing for a terrorist attack on the bus. No one was able to get on or off the vehicle during the five-minute prayer session.

Related Articles
Chinese authorities ban Uighurs from mosques
Sri Lankan cricketers: Former England cricketer Chris Broad hailed hero of Lahore ambush
Mumbai attacks: British families try to contact family in India
Pensioner banned from bus over 'safety risk' shopping trolley
Barack Obama's childhood friends deny he was a MuslimGayle Griffiths, 33, complained to Transport for London (TfL) about the incident on the number 24 bus in Gospel Oak, north London, last week.

The mother-of-one from Camden, north west London, who had boarded the bus minutes earlier on her way home from work, said: “Everyone was looking round in a mix of shock and amazement.

“When he had finished, he just got back up and set off again – all without any explanation or apology. It was truly bizarre, ludicrous and aggravating.”

“We are delayed often enough as it is in London. We live in a multicultural society but there is a time and a place for prayer and the middle of a journey with a busload of passengers is not it.”

The NHS administrator added: “It even went through my mind that this might be some sort of terrorist attack with the bus blown up because I had heard that suicide bombers prayed before attacks.”

Gigi David, 38, a bus driver on the same route, claimed that he was aware of other Muslim drivers who had stopped buses to pray in the past.

"I don't like it and I don't accept it, but they do it," he said.

"They stop the bus and they make people wait while they pray.

"It's not fair on the public - why should they have to wait? If these Muslim drivers want to pray they should do it in their own time."

Ricardo Dinis, 27, who also drives the number 24, said: "It's wrong because it causes delays. I think these drivers should have time for their religion, but when it comes to work he should have waited.'

Sources close to London General said the company had consulted with a local mosque and been told Islam allows for the drivers to be flexible about their prayer times.

The driver in question, who is new to the company, is said to be from Somalia. London General refused to disclose his name.

TfL has apologised to all the passengers for the delay to their journey and the driver has been reprimanded.

A spokesman said: “A route 24 bus was delayed following a decision by the driver to stop the bus to pray.

“The bus company – London General – has had a word with the driver as this is not something that should be happening.”

Muslim drivers have been reminded that they should pray during rest periods between journeys to avoid delays, TfL said.

habo9

Banned
At least he got off the bus they usually stay on them when they want to blow them up

This is a British issue, but if this was an American one I would say the Metro Bus company would have to ask him not to take up work time and customers' time for personal prayer. I would say the same thing if the bus driver was Christian.

habo9

Banned
I know a guy who works for First Bus in Glasgow and he says muslims get anything they want , all they have to say is its there religion and the bosses are too scared to say no , incase they get sued or called racist

I think its ridiculous and they should adhere to peoples safety and doing your job properly before religion , if they cant do it because of religion they shouldnt do it

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Not quite the same, but in Toronto there was a case they were talking about on the radio where a bus driver left the bus (while passengers were on) for seven minutes so he could get a coffee and use the bathroom. He got fired, even though bus drivers apparently are supposed to work eight hours with no break.

That said, what this man did is somewhat unprofessional. Religion simply shouldn't have a place in the workforce, though when you think about it, the idea that he was going to blow up the bus is pretty damn racist.

That is so weird, we had an issue here where a bus driver ran off and club a fake seal during the Anti Seal Clubbing demonstration. He got fired/suspended. Few months later he hung himself.

Lust

Lost at Birth
I know a guy who works for First Bus in Glasgow and he says muslims get anything they want , all they have to say is its there religion

Kayden Kross must have sex with me at this very moment. sorry, kayden, but this is my religion we're talkin bout here damnit!

hmmm, i'm not a religious guy but i'm starting to see some advantages ;)

How is it being prejudiced if all religions are treated the same :dunno: It becomes a gray area when we start making exceptions.

habo9

Banned
Kayden Kross must have sex with me at this very moment. sorry, kayden, but this is my religion we're talkin bout here damnit!

hmmm, i'm not a religious guy but i'm starting to see some advantages ;)

LOL I mean like extra time off with pay and not having to work certain days when everyone else does and having certain times of the day off to pray

How is it being prejudiced if all religions are treated the same :dunno: It becomes a gray area when we start making exceptions.
That's exactly right. It doesn't matter which religion it is. All people should be treated the same. I don't care if the guy is Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or whatever. He is getting paid to do his job, and NO religion has a right to get in the way of that.

What if my religion said that, at 3:00 PM every day, I had to stop driving my bus, pull over, drop my pants, and jerk off in the name of the god I was worshipping?

Lust

Lost at Birth
LOL I mean like extra time off with pay and not having to work certain days when everyone else does and having certain times of the day off to pray

habo, quit interupting my plan to have sex with kayden. gee whizz, help a brother out! :helpme: if you're going to insist on throwing logic in the mix, i might not ever get laid again dadburnit!

It's kinda funny. I wonder what it must have felt like for the driver. Is it like the physical build-up of pressure to pee?? He went as long as he could, thinking "Gotta pray to Mecca, gotta pray to Mecca!" and then, finally, boom! - he couldn't "hold it in any longer" and so he stopped the bus, jumped off and let her rip!

That's exactly right. It doesn't matter which religion it is. All people should be treated the same. I don't care if the guy is Muslim, Hindu, Christian, or whatever. He is getting paid to do his job, and NO religion has a right to get in the way of that.

What if my religion said that, at 3:00 PM every day, I had to stop driving my bus, pull over, drop my pants, and jerk off in the name of the god I was worshipping?

I honestly don't know what you think, but I should probably ask - how do you feel about pharmacists who won't dispense birth control pills, the "morning after" pill, or RU-486 and suchlike, because of their religious beliefs?

habo9

Banned
habo, quit interupting my plan to have sex with kayden. gee whizz, help a brother out! :helpme: if you're going to insist on throwing logic in the mix, i might not ever get laid again dadburnit!

If thats your logic , I dont think your going to get laid again anyway :tongue:

But if you keep praying , You Might get a few virgins in the end up :D

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
I'd be scared too!