• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bruce Lee v.s. Mike Tyson

Who would win ?

• Total voters
Oh come on!

One was an extremely fit 7 stone runt who was a fantastically gifted action film star. The other was 16 stone lump of raw power who was trained into a savagely effective fighting machine. You can't compare the two.

As for the clip above. That's all very entertaining but they do all attack him one at a time. I'm a big fan of Bruce's films but you have to put them in context.

(Yeah I know he had his fair share of scraps, but against proffessional fighters more than twice his size?)

Bruce sold himself as a mini superman and alot of people bought it but there is no such thing as supermen.

Bottom line is size matters. The people who say it doesn't are always little guys or people who's only experience of fighting is watching films. I've heard the same thing about a Bruce in his prime in U.F.C.

I dread to think what someone like Brock Lesner would have done to poor Bruce.

Bruce did in fact practice ground-fighting skills during his time.

Sure he practiced aspects of everything, but his primary training, nearly exclusively, wasn't ground-fight/submission. I was a huge Lee nerd when I was younger and read The Tao of Jeet Kun Do and any Lee or Insanto books I could get my hands on. But there's a reason why JKD either fell to the wayside or adapted to adopt much of the Brazilian Jiu Jistu philosophy after the popularity of modern MMA in the mid-90s.

Lee was a stubborn, cocky man and only gave judo some consideration after Gene Lebell choked his ass out. Half of his JKD promotion was going around trying prove the dominance of striking over things like judo and jiu jitsu. If Lee were alive today, sure there's no doubt that grappling would have become a much bigger aspect of JKD, Lee would be forced to, but the question was who would win in their prime. In Bruce Lee's prime, strikes were still the main foucus of JKD and Tyson's strikes would be no match for Lee's.

The incomparable Bruce Lee, the founder of Jeet Kune Do and the father of mixed martial arts...so quoted by Dana White, the UFC president. Mike Tyson's punching power and ear-biting is no match to Bruce Lee's quickness, complete skills and the famed one-inch punch.

Dragon rules...
SF8 :thumbsup:

Ali once had a fight against martial artist/pro-wrestler Antonio Inoki. Ended in a draw, but from what I heard that match did a number on Ali's knees even with Inoki holding back.

Yeah, Inoki was only allowed to kick if one of his knees were touching the mat.

Needless to say, Inoki had quite a few self inflicted floor burns following this.

sb57-ali.jpg

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Yeah, Inoki was only allowed to kick if one of his knees were touching the mat.

Needless to say, Inoki had quite a few self inflicted floor burns following this.

sb57-ali.jpg

I'm sure that Ali was holding back during the match as well, but I would be really interested to see how a full blown Ali/Inoki match would go.

I think despite the size difference Lee would still win.

Even in his prime there were probably a lot of common street toughs that could have taken down Tyson. There is probably a few people on this messageboard right now that could do it. They only way Tyson would be able to win against those people most of the time is if they were dumb enough to get into a boxing match with him, instead of just ground and pounding his ass, getting into a grapple with him, or just kicking him in the face.

Even though Bruce Lee is highly overrated and wasn't much of a grappler, he at knew enough to do that to somebody as unskilled at Tyson. Tyson knew pretty much nothing. Bruce also knew enough to cripple parts of somebody body of somebody like him. Yeah, if Bruce Lee was to go up against a top MMA fighter today he would be screwed but he isn't in this situation. Bruce Lee also had much more endurance than Tyson. Unless Tyson gets a lucky punch in right off the bat it's doubtful he wins this one.

Mike was a machine, but he could neither adapt nor adjust. Tyson went into every fight he ever participated in without a plan B. Anyone who saw the Douglas fight in Japan saw this as a fact. He got beat with the simplest fundamentals of boxing: left jab, left jab, right cross.

Bruce Lee mastered the concept of defeating fighters though adaptation and adjustments. He also used his superior speed and the sciences of pressure and leverage to defeat opponents. Lee would come into a fight with an already established knowledge of style, stance, and probability of attack method.

If they fought, Tyson would have absolutely no idea what to expect, while Bruce would have a well-planned attack in mind based on knowing his opponent. Bruce has the advantage of regularly using is feet, knees, legs, elbows, and fists against fighters who were proficient likewise, and could dispatch any of them. Mike would have to catch the much faster Lee and connect on a punch hard enough to damn near kill him. Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable??? Not really.

Bruce wins based on his options, knowledge of how to apply those options, knowledge of opponent and his style, speed, and overall skill level.

No contest! Bruce Lee would destroy Mike Tyson. Boxing teaches you how to use your hands as weapons, but martial arts teaches you how to use your feet, hands, elbows, knees, arms, and legs as weapons.

Mayhem

Banned
Some people are forgetting elementary physics. If Big Bad Mike lands a punch, Bruce's lighter weight is an advantage to where the impact knocks Bruce back. When Bruce lands a punch, Mike's weight forces him to absorb the impact. Thinking that weight is any kind of advantage is erroneous.

bahodeme

Closed Account
As stated in earlier post Bruce Lee has more options than Mike would. If it were a boxing match, then not just Mike Tyson but a majority of professional boxer would win because that is what they have exclusively trained to do.
As a sidenote, I would like to see at both of their peaks Bruce and Jet Li. For Boxing at their peak Ali and Jack Johnson.

I agree with everyone that Mike Tyson would destroy Bruce Le. I mean he's a proven World Champion who has beaten top fighters around the world on the biggest stage like Fedor has.

On the other hand Bruce is good, but he's never won anything. his legacy without any trophies doesn't bode well to his fans in China.. and too bad he's dead now.