• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bioshock! Anyone play this video game?

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Never heard of it. I bet it has a noir feel to it and little evil kids that want to kill you, tho.

Seeing as evil kids might be involved, we have to fool the ratings association with other ways to kill them back.. let's use our mental powers and bullshit magic to do it, huh?!

ZZZZZZTTT!

Heh, yeah I played bioshock. Kickass game. Atmospheric, scary.. like system shock 2 upgraded!

BioShock rules!

I tell ya, there's just something about using Electrobolt on an unsuspecting victim and then beating them over the head with a wrench 2 or 3 times. :)

It's the perfect combination of First Person Shooter and Survival Horror game if you ask me.

Nice graphics + bad gameplay = garbage bin

i think your talking out you arse on this one, bioshock is a very good game and there are plenty out there worse than this, you are allowed you own thoughts on the matter but when you put like that i would rather you just shut your trap and don't say anything.

This guy is just a post whore troll with nothing better to say than garbage !!
Also dude not having a going at you but if you don't like something at very lest say what you did not like about it other than a one liner that could of be wrote by a 6 year old !!

Ok so thats him told back to the game, The gameplay is not rubbish it is good in many respects the the Ai is a little odd in place but other than that this is one game that is a most play if you buy it well thats up to you, always say if in doubt rent it out. simple.......

Bioshock is very good and as i said before it has to be played to fully feel the game. if anything the one thing i did not like about this games was that it was way too easy but then so are most games made nowadays

@Blitz:

Giving me bad rep and naming me "troll" because of an honest answer,
is making you the biggest arse on the board!
I said what i liked:nice graphics
I said what I disliked: bad gameplay
I said what I did with it: garbage bin.
Each to his own, no need to be so dumb and offensive on it! Step away from your PC and taste real
life for a change, dumbass!

Last edited:

Spleen

Banned?
^ You threw a video game in the bin? Heh, what a fool.

I like Bioshock, so much so I haven't traded it in yet. But that doesn't mean I play it. I got a few levels in and ended up with a glitch that mean't I had to kill about 3 Big Daddies in a row. After that, I didn't bother with it again. Too scary to start from the begining :1orglaugh

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
Yea it was fun. Creepy atmosphere so that helped A LOT!

Great Great game, exactly what a next gen console needed, great graphics, top story, supremely well visualised scenarios and awesome gameplay. The shock for me was how it scored so little! as most gamer mags gave it 7-8/10.

Better than GOW imo.

Spleen

Banned?
The shock for me was how it scored so little! as most gamer mags gave it 7-8/10.

It did pretty well with most reviews actually. And it won a few "game of the year" awards.

Look at metacritic, over 35 reviewers (most of them gaming magazines) gave it 100%. The rest, over 90%

If anything, I think it was slightly overrated.

Yes it is a good game. Im on my third playthrough now so I can see why it got good reviews. Not all great ones as there are a few small problems with it.

Legzman

Better than GOW imo.

Gears has damn near flawless graphics. The shit on the screen looks as close to real as I've ever seen in any video game to date! Plus the online play is great when you play with a group of 7 friends. The blood is a nice touch. Not over the top...but damn close!

It did pretty well with most reviews actually. And it won a few "game of the year" awards.

Look at metacritic, over 35 reviewers (most of them gaming magazines) gave it 100%. The rest, over 90%

If anything, I think it was slightly overrated.

I remember independant platform mags that i read were critical of it for some reasons i forget now, and scored it imo slightly low.
It won game awrds in dinstict areas, for atmosphere and its environs for example if i recall. However the Gaming Industry regarded the game very highly indeed.
History also remembers it as being a classic now and rightly so.

Gears has damn near flawless graphics. The shit on the screen looks as close to real as I've ever seen in any video game to date! Plus the online play is great when you play with a group of 7 friends. The blood is a nice touch. Not over the top...but damn close!

I never said GOW had worse graphics or compared the graphics even as there both superb examples of great visuals but imo Bioshock has better variety of colours and graphics overall, but its interesting you mention Gears as they both use the same Graphics engine...Unreal engine 3!

Gears of War is better than Bioshock IMO, but I'm not a big fan of either of them
Shoot'em ups live too much on having kickass graphics and distracting from the often homogene gameplay. Don't misunderstand me because they're both great games, just not worth the rating they've received. Halo and Half-life are amongst the games that don't fall under what I just said, but they are rarities.

On-topic, Bioshock is nice, but vastly overrated as a game. It's a nice estethic experience nevertheless.

Legzman

I never said GOW had worse graphics or compared the graphics even as there both superb examples of great visuals but imo Bioshock has better variety of colours and graphics overall, but its interesting you mention Gears as they both use the same Graphics engine...Unreal engine 3!

really? GOW showcased it better, imo

Gears of War is better than Bioshock IMO, but I'm not a big fan of either of them
Shoot'em ups live too much on having kickass graphics and distracting from the often homogene gameplay. Don't misunderstand me because they're both great games, just not worth the rating they've received. Halo and Half-life are amongst the games that don't fall under what I just said, but they are rarities.

you wanna talk gameplay? How about CoD4? The online...when it works...is crazy!

you wanna talk gameplay? How about CoD4? The online...when it works...is crazy!
Meh, I never really fell for it.
To me it's just a mix of Counter-strike and Battlefield 2 updated for this gaming generation.

The problem with FPS is they don't really stand out from each other. Apart from a few landmark titles like Half-life (and its mods) and Halo, they're too similar. This goes for many other games genre, but FPS are some of the worst. Most of them just rely on good controls and graphics but they don't really provide anything exciting, at least not to me. COD4 is a great game with little flaws, but it's too generic.

Bioshock is even more generic. I think it's a bit strange that so many professional reviewers praised it so much. As usual, only Edge Magazine give proper scores - they gave it an 8/10.

i thought it was ok, a bit dull really, crappy ending...they're making a film version too. Gore Verbinski (pirates of the caribbean) is directing it