• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Bill Cosby to Be Freed as Court Overturns His Sex Assault Conviction

Bill Cosby had his conviction for sexual assault overturned by a Pennsylvania appeals court on Wednesday, a decision that will set free a man whose case had represented the first high-profile sexual assault trial to unfold in the aftermath of the #MeToo movement. Mr. Cosby had served three years of a three- to 10-year prison sentence at a maximum-security facility outside Philadelphia when the 7-member Pennsylvania Supreme Court ruled that Mr. Cosby, 83, had been denied a fair trial in 2018.
The ruling upended the legal case against Mr. Cosby brought by prosecutors in Pennsylvania that began with his arrest in 2015 on charges of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman at his home in the Philadelphia suburbs eleven years earlier. At the end of the trial in April 2018, the jury convicted Mr. Cosby, who for years had brightened America’s living rooms as a beloved entertainer and father figure, of three counts of aggravated indecent assault against Andrea Constand, to whom Mr. Cosby had been a mentor and who was at the time a Temple University employee.

In 2019, an interim court had upheld the trial verdict. But the Supreme Court, the state’s highest court, agreed to consider the case, and at a hearing in December some of the court’s seven justices questioned prosecutors sharply.

In their 79-page opinion, the judges wrote that a “non-prosecution agreement” that had been struck with a previous prosecutor meant that Mr. Cosby should not have been charged in the case, and that he should be discharged. They barred a retrial in the case.

In 2005, Mr. Cosby was investigated in the case of Ms. Constand, and a former district attorney of Montgomery County had given Mr. Cosby his assurance that he would not be charged in the case. The former district attorney, Bruce Castor Jr., has testified that while there was insufficient evidence to bring a criminal prosecution, he had given Mr. Cosby the assurance to encourage him to testify in a subsequent civil case brought by Ms. Constand.

In that testimony, Mr. Cosby acknowledged giving quaaludes to women he was pursuing for sex — evidence that played a key part in his trial after Mr. Castor’s successors reopened the case and charged Mr. Cosby in December 2015. That was just days before the 12-year statute of limitations expired in the case, and it came amid a number of new accusations from women who bought similar accusations of drugging and sexual assault against Mr. Cosby.

“In light of these circumstances, the subsequent decision by successor D. A.s to prosecute Cosby violated Cosby’s due process rights,” the appeals ruling said. “No other conclusion comports with the principles of due process and fundamental fairness to which all aspects of our criminal justice system must adhere.”

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
This is a fucking joke, and a miscarriage of justice. 60 women came forward, and this asshat walks free.

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
Glad learning Bill Cosby ain't a dirty rapist throughout his entire life anymore. The vaginas that fingered him are now fresh as a daisy thanks to the probing lawyer legalize legalities.

sddefault.jpg

UnderBro

Bronze Member
I think it's pretty fuck up that Cosby gets release when he confessed his wrongdoing. Both the messed up U.S. legal system and Cosby's fortune helped him out for sure.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
I think it's pretty fucked up that Cosby gets released when he confessed his wrongdoing. Both the messed up U.S. legal system and Cosby's fortune helped him out for sure.
That's the thing. The ex-District Attorney Bruce Castor Jr. said that he didn't have enough evidence in 2005 to pursue a case. There was never a confession made by Bill Cosby back in 2005. However, Bill Cosby some ten years later in a written affidavit said those incriminating things. Issues that would have probably caused him to be convicted several years earlier. Remember we're dealing with the statute of limitations expiring. However, then the new District Attorney Kevin Steele used that agreement against Cosby and brought charges anyway in the Andrea Constand case. Steele violated the agreement that Cosby had with Castor and Montgomery County. Without Cosby's written affidavit, there is no case. People may think that Cosby is a scumbag. And I'll tend to agree with that assumption just because it shows how evil Cosby's whole premise was of drugging and later raping unconscious women. Was all of this premeditated? Sure it was. However, we shouldn't be taking sides here. His rights were violated. No matter how hard it is for people to believe, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court was correct in vacating his conviction.

Last edited:
It makes me wonder if something like this could become a roadmap for shady prosecutors when somebody they are affiliated with or have some sympathy to gets in trouble or if they are just bribed or starstruck by somebody's celebrity. All they have to do is make a half-assed effort to go after some somewhat associated third party even if their crimes aren't as severe, and then give the person they like a very lenient deal for some testimony or whatever for a deal to not prosecute them. Then afterwards everybody can just throw their hands up in the air as nothing can be done anymore based on the the decision of one person.

One would think for the severity of the crimes Cosby committed it should be almost impossible to get any immunity deal, or at the very least it should be run by the states entire legislators before it's done. Even if one buys the argument that the prosecutor didn't think he could make a case at the time there is just no way you make some deal like that for somebody that's even just suspected of raping the amount of people Cosby was accused of.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I have no idea what really happened, but damn, do I like his show. I grew up with it and think its brilliant.

It makes me wonder if something like this could become a roadmap for shady prosecutors when somebody they are affiliated with or have some sympathy to gets in trouble or if they are just bribed or starstruck by somebody's celebrity. All they have to do is make a half-assed effort to go after some somewhat associated third party even if their crimes aren't as severe, and then give the person they like a very lenient deal
Didn't this happen in the past year or so? I'm having a brainfart, but I recall a high profile case where the DA agreed to some slap on the wrist punishment for either sexual assault or murder.

The Penis Mightier

Kameltoe Harris = Poop
Now that he's out we need to reboot The Odd Couple starring Bill Cosby and Robert Blake. Imagine those two characters trying to be roommates at their age? Endless zaniness.