• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Best invention during your lifetime?

Just pick one and post it here. If you want to elaborate please do.

I think the best invention in my 40 years on earth has to be the ATM/DEBIT card.

When I was young, I'd always have to stand in line to cash a check at the grocery store or the bank. Everybody was always paid on Fridays. The lines were long and it sucked. After a few years, convenience stores started allowing people to cash checks. I wasted many years of my life standing in line. Also, I had to buy checks about once a year and that cost $15. I had to balance a checking account and that always bummed me out. Why? cause I would find out I had $1.78 in my account and 4 days tile payday.

Today life is so easy. When I want to pay for something, I swipe my ATM card. When I want money, I find an ATM. When I don't have enough money ---- I get rejected. I don't have to carry around lots of money and worry about getting robbed.

Smittmaestro

Center of the fothermucking universe
As a diabetic, I'd have to say the advances in insulin injections and methods of blood glucose monitoring. I still remember when I had to put my urine in a test tube and drop a tablet to dissolve in it to check the levels.

Now they have ones where you don't even have to pee or even prick your finger for a blood sample to check it.

Artificial sweeteners Aspartame aka Nutrasweet and Sucralose aka Splenda. Gone are the days of diet drinks and foods that taste like dog piss!

MP3 players, hundreds of songs in a player that can fit in your shirt pocket!

Cell phones, no more running for a payphone when at the site of a disaster or emergencies.

Broadband/cable/dsl, no more tying up phone lines when getting information on anything and everything in a matter of moments!

Agreed with you about ATM/Debit/Chek cards.

-cs™

Cell phones, no more running for a payphone when at the site of a disaster or emergencies.

i agree to a certain extent. when i see 10 year olds with cellphones, i see a problem. when i see drivers paying more attention to their conversation than to driving, then i see a major problem.

Smittmaestro

Center of the fothermucking universe
True about the guys paying more attention to their cell than driving is a concern.

Well, to be technical the internet has existed since the early 1960s, though more for use by military and such. But in the 80s it expanded into domestic/civilian use.

-cs™

The Personal Computer. I could live without the TV, and without the videogames... but no PC + no internet = death, lol

True about the guys paying more attention to their cell than driving is a concern.

Well, to be technical the internet has existed since the early 1960s, though more for use by military and such. But in the 80s it expanded into domestic/civilian use.

-cs™

We never had the internet when I was in the military 1984-2006.

We used typewriters in my first few years. Then we had computers with 5 inch discs that had the software on the front and took 5 minutes to load --- you saved data on the back. People were pissed when a disk got damaged.

I like the invention of the DVD as well!
God I remember when they first came out they were sooooooooo expensive! I bought my first player a few years after they came out (in '93) and paid $387 for it! :eek: Now you can get one at Wal-Mart for $29! Insane!!!

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
actually its any medications and treatments thats can help fight formerly incurable or untreatable illnesses, especially in children.I would say those inventions have the most value of all

The invisibility suit! Some may not believe me, but it has been invented. Using small camera's and projectors on the suit, it's still semi-crude funcionality, but in the near future, people will be (mainly military and the like) wearing skin-tight, full-body invisibility suits.

The invisibility suit! Some may not believe me, but it has been invented. Using small camera's and projectors on the suit, it's still semi-crude funcionality, but in the near future, people will be (mainly military and the like) wearing skin-tight, full-body invisibility suits.

my thoughts exactly, i read about that on yahoo, kinda like a shadow at the monet, but in developement

I wasn't doubting you. I was just making a statement. They probably had the internet in some of the personnel sections. We just didn't have it in my shop.

As a diabetic, I'd have to say the advances in insulin injections and methods of blood glucose monitoring. I still remember when I had to put my urine in a test tube and drop a tablet to dissolve in it to check the levels.

Now they have ones where you don't even have to pee or even prick your finger for a blood sample to check it.
-cs™

I read about not having to prick your finger for a blood sample. I asked about it at my pharmacy and they said they didn't know of any device. Do you know the name of the system?

Last edited by a moderator: