• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Batman: Battle For The Cowl

Who will be the new Batman?

• Dick Grayson/Nightwing

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Tim Drake/Robin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jason Todd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tommy Elliot/Hush

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Damien Wayne

• Wildcard: Azrael

• Other: Add a comment

• Total voters

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Batman: Battle For The Cowl: Who Will Take Up The Mantle?

Who is going inherit the Bat mantle?

With Batman RIP heading towards its dramatic (and long awaited for some!) conclusion, Bruce Wayne may be going bye bye. Is he gonna die? Is he gonna retire? Will he descend into madness, never to be heard from again? Grant Morrison knows, but he ain’t telling.

With all controversy going around, aren’t we forgetting one major dilemma? With the Bat mantle vacated, who is going to step up and take control of Gotham?

Battle for the Cowl

Batman R.I.P.

DC should add Azrael in the storyline, just as a wildcard.

I was a fan of Dick from the very beginning of Batman. So the choice was easy in picking him to take over for Bruce. The first site was very good in posing the pros and cons of the candidates. As for Azrael he was pretty awright as Batman, I thought he looked awesome. I never really liked Jason, especially when he was all Red Hood like. I think Tim would be good in a couple of years, but a 14 year old wouldnt exactly strike fear into the baddies. Hush? Meh. As for Damien, he could be a Joker to Tim's Batman if it happens like that. But Dick as an adult always wanted to separate himself from Batman, so would he prefer to remain Nightwing? Not my decision, should be an interesting one.

It should go to Dick Grayson. He's the original Robin which makes him the original heir to the Bat throne whether he likes it or not. He's also the one that I think would be the most believable as Batman. I like Tim Drake but he's not ready to take the name of Batman. Don't even get me started on Jason Todd. There's a reason he was killed off by a vote. Fuck Damien! I like Hush the way he is. I like Azrael as Azrael but I wouldn't be surprised if they made him Batman again. Overall the Bat Mantel belongs to Nightwing.

None of them. I'd say Terry McGinnis is the only one who can be Batman's true heir, but he's from the cartoons and in this case the DC cartoon universe of Batman: TAS, etc. is on an alternate Earth.

None of them. I'd say Terry McGinnis is the only one who can be Batman's true heir, but he's from the cartoons and in this case the DC cartoon universe of Batman: TAS, etc. is on an alternate Earth.

I definitely agree with you man, but since he is not in the runnin, im gonna have to go with dick grayson of course. hes the best of the candidates.

Wasnt Terry the limp wristed Batman Beyond? Yes he was, personally id take a close to dead Bruce over him.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It would be an interesting twist if Damien Wayne won the Battle for the Cowl.

Everyone should know by now that Bruce Wayne will be back. Just like last time.

I'd like to see more twists and unexpected turns in storylines.

As much as I like Jason (yes I'm one of the few people who would have voted to let him live), he can't be Batman. He'd end up exactly like Azrael's tenure as the Bat, having his ass kicked by Bruce

If I could decide, I'd choose a new batgirl with a skimpy costume. Of course the comics would become a bit more explicit... Batman is so passé...

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
If I could decide, I'd choose a new batgirl with a skimpy costume. Of course the comics would become a bit more explicit... Batman is so passé...

They would have to put that in a Vertigo title.

The main titles should be for all-ages like they used to be.
The bigger your audience, the more money you can make.

Marvel and DC need to remember that.

They would have to put that in a Vertigo title.

The main titles should be for all-ages like they used to be.
The bigger your audience, the more money you can make.

Marvel and DC need to remember that.

It was a joke :tongue:.

I'm well aware that making comics purely for adults is not nearly as profitable as making comics for all ages.

So, any follow up here? Anybody read the first issue?
There is going to be a 3 shot series with the new Bat and Damian as Robin.

I think Jason is going to be the new Bat, and is the imposter Bat in BFTC.

Last edited:

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
So, any follow up here? Anybody read the first issue?
There is going to be a 3 shot series with the new Bat and Damian as Robin.

I think Jason is going to be the new Bat, and is the imposter Bat in BFTC.

What’s good about the issue? It contains nearly every Bat-Family member ever. EVER! Wanna see Wildcat bring a can of whoop-ass to a dandy fight? It’s there. Wanna see the Birds of Prey reunited cause it feels so good? It’s there. Wanna see Batwoman stand around showing her ass to the readers, simply because she can? It’s in there. Batgirl making a single panel cameo? Sure. Knight and Squire? There. Riddler? Bingo. Catwoman? Yup. Damian Wayne? Yeah, that punk is there, and Tony Daniel does the right thing by making him out to be less than heroic at the right time. Azrael? Perhaps.

For the most part Tony Daniel’s writing is good; the story moves at a fast pace, and while the major reveals ask the reader to suspend disbelief, Daniel is able to work with what he has given, as there’s only so much you can cram into a 22-page issue. Sandu Florea also steps up to the plate to deliver art that is good, as he is also able to cram a heck of a lot of action into the limited space.

Will Battle for the Cowl end in a way that gets readers excited about Batman again? I hope so, but realistically it is nothing more than the a way station on the journey to the six to eight new titles being dumped in readers’ laps in the coming months. I’m giving points to Daniel and Florea for handling the story as best they can, but it’s the overall forced nature of the story that has me giving this issue 2.5 out of 5 Stars. Majorspoilers.com

Naw, Im just checking up on this thread for the Battle of the Cowl knowledge. It doesn't really matter who takes the mantle, Bruce will be back and all will be forgotten once again.

It's definitely going to be Dick, from the way they've built up his newfound relationship with Damian. From what I saw from the preview of BftC #2, I liked Jason Todd's view of what he thinks the original Batman did wrong.

That's the problem with Jason, ever since they've reintroduced him, he's been bouncing around between motives. He should stay the way he is now, as essentially the anti-Batman, like it was when they reintroduced him in the Under the Hood storyline.