• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Are the latest Star Wars movies worth watching?

Admittedly, I've only seen the very first three Star Wars. And, the third one sucked. Are the most recent ones better or worse than the first two Star Wars movies?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

FreeOnes_Anders

Closed Account
Depends on your taste...

I didn't like 1, 2 and 3.

The old ones 4, 5 and 6 are a lot better.

According to me.

Patrick_S

persona non grata
The one with the retarded Jamaican frog was horrible.

The originals are of course great. The latest three are decent. A lot of silliness and what the hell stuff, but obviously he knows how to whore his franchise out for more money. No matter the discrepancies.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
1, 2 and 3 are abominations.

Thanks everyone. I won't waste my time on the last three. :)

I watched 1,2,3 when they first came out and, unlike the original 4,5,6 - I never feel like watching the prequels again. I'm definitely not going to pay to see them again.
Also, George Lucas sure knows how to bleed the shit out of his product. They have lost their magic because of the constant re-releases and touch-ups.

The new three could never match up to the originals, completely different eras and with bigger budgets you sometimes worry more about the CGI and special effects rather than a decent plot/storyline. However I wouldn't say they were crap and there seemed to be a hell of a lot of politics involved which I can appreciate as it takes it to a more complex level, however this can also make it harder to follow especially when working out who the good and bad guys are. The third wasn't too bad and explained how Anakin became Darth Vader quite well but you never really feel the old films are continuations of these new films.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Thanks everyone. I won't waste my time on the last three. :)

I don't know, if you haven't seen them and you've got a few hours spare, give 'em a go. They aren't as good as the older ones, but still better than some movies out there.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Now wait a minute, episode 3 had some tight fight scenes and you get to see the birth of Vader. The Emperors "deformation" is kind of stupid though. I always figured he was a really old green guy. But of course his identity had to be a secret. Like we really didn't already know he was going to be the emperor. Psshhh....

I wouldn't say any of them is horrible. There's certainly a lot of worse crap filling theaters these days. But you can probably watch the third one and skip the first two, without missing too much of the important stuff.

Mayhem

Banned
1, 2, and 6, are the only ones worth watching.

Episode 5 is where we finally see Yoda throw-down which, in a way, is worth the price of the movie all by itself.

Episode 3 is so horrible that I want to see the entire Ewok population enslaved and working in sweat shops, where they grow old, whither and die long before their time.

Young Obi-Wan was a putz (no fault of the actor).

Padme was a putz-ette for marrying a unstable, overly-confused douche.

And the new, "original" Star Trek sucks the peanuts out of a monkey's shit too.

to be honest you need to see revenge of the Sith to see Yoda fight Palpatine(the emperor) to a stalemate, Pretty much the only reason to watch the new ones. It was a stalemate(this is out to you darksider assholes)

Epi 1 is good if you can tune out Jar Jar. 2 and 3 were pretty bad IMO. Still worth seeing all 3 though at least once.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
4, 5, and 6 were the best films of the franchise by far (5>4>6). Fact.

The prequel trilogy films were each better than their predecessor in terms of quality (3>2>1). However, all three sucked ass. Fact.