• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Appendix removed?

What am I looking at pain wise and recovery wise? I just spent 8 hours in the hospital for what may be appendicitis. First it was appendicitis, then it definitely wasn't. X Ray revealed a possible kidney stone. CT scan ruled kidney stone out and maybe the slightest possibility of the earliest signs of appendicitis. But at least it was free.

I'm going back tomorrow for...I don't really know why. The pain is gone, and I'm assuming it'll be gone in the morning. But if it's still there, I'm getting my appendix taken out immediately.

Anybody gone through this shit??

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
I've gone through having my kidney removed. The recovery was about a week, the pain medication was absolutely awful and gave me the worst night terrors, and overall, the pain was excruciating.

EDIT: Free is good! I had the Access card at the time for health insurance, which made pretty much all Dr. bills next to nothing. I paid a whopping $7 for a procedure that would have cost $48,000.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
not personally, but i do know its extremely common. with that, id feel a lot better about the whole thing.

you know how it is, they got it down to a science. afterwards, youll be on pain meds and feelin good. plus you got a girl to baby you. milk it dude. milk it. also, if you have taken a few meds in the past, try and aask for one that wont make you all sick and shit.

some meds will fuck you up and some are chill. or.. try pot.

also, did they do an ultrasound/ct on you? another possible: kidney/gallstones. similar pain and symptoms.

edit: looks like i shoulda read the entire post. hehe, you'll be alright, dude. see how it plays out.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
not personally, but i do know its extremely common. with that, id feel a lot better about the whole thing.

you know how it is, they got it down to a science. afterwards, youll be on pain meds and feelin good. plus you got a girl to baby you. milk it dude. milk it.

also, did they do an ultrasound/ct on you? another possible: kidney/gallstones. similar pain and symptoms.

edit: looks like i shoulda read the entire post. hehe, you'll be alright, dude. see how it plays out.

I second that, they should do an ultrasound. It's one of the easiest ways to see what's going on in there. That's how they found out they needed to remove my kidney.

I'm not sure though if having your appendix removed is anything like a kidney removal, so I may just be blabbering for nothing. But... I dunno, thought I'd offer my insight anyway.

squallumz

the appendix is a weird thing.

oh oh, did they stick their finger in your butt yet? they might! just a heads up.

I have a relative that had theirs removed. Recovery is just a few days if they get it out before it ruptures. It usually doesn't go away so if you feel fine now then it may have been a kidney stone you passed or you ate something bad. Pain is excruciating if you do have it and it will be on your lower right or in your lower back. A good test to see if you have it is to lay on your back and press your lower right stomach, if it hurts more when you let go then when you press in go to the hospital.

Hope you feel better. :glugglug:

It's not your appendix. You just need to take a massive shit. I've been there before. :o

Possible Gastroenteritis?

squallumz

im going with an undigested bit of meat. a crumb of cheese.. a glob of mustard.... or an old potato.

It might be a tumor. Seriously though, I hope everything is OK. I had to go in with diverticulitis a few months back. After the pain meds I felt great. I could have done without three days of nothing to eat.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Still have my apendix, but my gallbladder was removed when I was 17. Not 100% sure why they didn't take the appendix at the same time but oh well.

More than likely they'll do it laparoscopy. If you're healthy, no other complications, you could be out the next day and then feeling relatively normal within the week. The bloating from the gas they use to blow you up lasts about 2 days so make sure you take sweatpants with you to wear when released.

I've had mine removed. It shouldn't take more than about 5 days for recovery. Of the four surguries I've had, it was certainly the easiest.

Well it's not appendicitis or kidney stones. I don't know what caused the pain, but they sent me home. Woop.