• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anybody notice this SCOTUS ruling on strip searching?

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Apologies if someone has already posted something about this (though they must've had some creative title for it!).

http://www.scotusblog.com/case-file...osen-freeholders-of-the-county-of-burlington/
Holding: Jail strip searches do not require reasonable suspicion, at least so long as the arrestee is being admitted into the general jail population.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national...nks-strip-searches-are-constitutional/255648/
[...]the judges issued their opinion on Florence, 5-4 allowing detention officers to strip-search for minor violations such as traffic stops and failing to leash a dog.
Or even erroneous arrests.

I'm not sure how happy I am to be back for the summer.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Sure have...and it's completely fucked up. I can't see how people can say with a straight face, that this country isn't headed right down the toilet. America better wake the fuck up, REAL SOON.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
That and the Citizens United ruling are, I am sure, making a lot of people real happy about electing Bush twice to royally fuck over this country.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
5-4? So which ones voted which way?

It's not a question to bait an argument, I really don't know (though I am guessing ;)).

Rattrap

5-4? So which ones voted which way?
Here's the Wiki article which is a little more clear:
Majority: Kennedy, Roberts, Scalia, Alito and Thomas
Dissent: Breyer, Ginsburg, Sotomayor and Kagan

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
Fine strip search me. It'll make for an interesting day. Just like going through TSA and right before eating a boatload of Taco Bell. There still has to be justifiable cause.

Rattrap

There still has to be justifiable cause.
If you're referring to the strip searching, that's the problem - there no longer has to be any kind of cause. If you're arrested - for any reason, whatsoever, including erroneously (as the man who brought all this up in court was) - they can strip search you. At will. If you get transferred around, they can strip search you every step of the way. No warrant or probable cause needed.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know enough or pay enough attention to the SCOTUS so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, but I am shocked that they'd so blatantly shit on an amendment of the Constitution.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
My fantasy has always been Scalia pushing me up against my car and searching my ass, so this is a good thing.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
If you're referring to the strip searching, that's the problem - there no longer has to be any kind of cause. If you're arrested - for any reason, whatsoever, including erroneously (as the man who brought all this up in court was) - they can strip search you. At will. If you get transferred around, they can strip search you every step of the way. No warrant or probable cause needed.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know enough or pay enough attention to the SCOTUS so maybe I shouldn't be so surprised, but I am shocked that they'd so blatantly shit on an amendment of the Constitution.

QFT! :clap: