• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anybody Here Live On/Next To The Beach?

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
I'm considering moving to a condo on the beach.

I hear a lot of pros and cons on it...

Pointers?
Suggestions?
Yes?
No?
:dunno:

Pointers?
Suggestions?
Yes?
No?

Pro: You can walk to the beach and not have to worry about parking and paying a trillion dollars for it. You can also see the amazing "talent" on the beach all of the time

Con: You will pay for location - your rent/mortgage/whatever will be more because of it. Holidays, especially Memorial and Labor Day as well as July 4...........the place will be PACKED with people coming to the beach to enjoy a nice day - your place will be overrun with people and you won't be able to leave or do anything because of it

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
There's nothing I can tell you that you don't already know. I did know a guy that had a summer place on the Outer Banks of NC. He had it for years and I asked him about hurricanes. His attitude was that every time it got knocked down the government built him a brand new one with new furnishings. This happened 2 or 3 times to him and wouldn't care if it happened again.

I'd also plan on relatives that use all of your towels and don't know when to leave.

Pointers?
Suggestions?
Yes?
No?

You don't say where, and that makes a huge difference. As a child we lived in Chicago a block from Lake Michigan. It just made the terrible winter weather worse, while not helping the hot humid summer weather any better.
I have a close friend who for the last decade has lived just off the Pacific Coast Highway in Orange County Cal. He seems to love it but I don't think he walks to the beach that often, preferring the shops, bars, etc along PCH.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I live in an harbour town, and it's a short trip by foot to the inner harbour, and just a 10-minute ride to the beach.

If you want to live at the shore, you could see if you find a house a way up, we had friends who lived on a small cliff, sort of sandy, they could walk down the stairway in two minutes. And were perfectly safe

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Yes, I really enjoy my ocean front property here in Indiana. I can sell you some if you'd like...

I have an oceanfront condo in coastal North Carolina. Before I bought my home that was my main residence. Now I just use it for weekends when I want to sit out on the balcony and drink a couple of beers and listen to the waves crash. I will let some friends and family members have access to it when they come to the beach. They stay there and never bother me at my home once I give them the keys.

The pros:
Being that I live on the East coast I only get to see the sunrise over the ocean, but I will wake up early to catch them. They really set your day off in a good mood.

The Winter season really is a tranquil place living on the ocean, there is just something about the peace and quiet when only the locals are there and the tourons are not there.

Being able to walk out to the ocean in your front yard and spending a day at the beach without having to find a parking place . When I need more beer I just have to take a short jog to my place and I can keep an eye on my belongings while I do it.

Cons:

The parking at my place is underneath the condo. Motherfuckers will try and park there and some will even block you in, they just don't give a fuck. One morning I was dressed ready to go to work and walk out to find a car blocking me in.

I had to walk out onto the beach in a shirt and tie and start looking around and asking who the car belonged to. Then this woman asks if she is blocking me in. Stupid shit like that. If it is your only home, you have to evacuate when hurricanes threaten which means staying with friends or family or getting a hotel room if you can find one. I usually just drove to Charlotte until the storm passed.

The summer can be a time when you will have to keep your temper in check. people are outside of your place drinking laughing and just acting the fool in general at all hours of the night and morning.

I have had a hammock stolen off of my front deck by drunken tourists.

It's nice, but just be prepared to deal with assholes in the summer.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Being that I live on the East coast I only get to see the sunrise over the ocean, but I will wake up early to catch them. They really set your day off in a good mood.

I am all about that. Standard equipment in my trunk are soft and hard cooler, plastic/paper eatery, beach towels. I'm an overnighter king of guy. If a date that might want to watch the sunrise, all I need is a bottle of wine and a bag of Chex Mix. Lots of time to talk. Kick your shoes off and splash some water. Watch the early shore fishermen come out. Been doing this for decades and has never turned out badly even going into my older age.

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
I live right near the beach. I'm sure you already have a list of Pros since you are already considering moving. So I'll list the only 3 Cons I can think of, hurricanes(especially if you are in a southern state), salt in the air hurts car paint if you have a nice car, and homeowners or renters insurance is more money due to the hurricanes. All in all my Pros outweigh those cons and I think you will love it if you decide to move!

I live right near the beach. I'm sure you already have a list of Pros since you are already considering moving. So I'll list the only 3 Cons I can think of, hurricanes(especially if you are in a southern state), salt in the air hurts car paint if you have a nice car, and homeowners or renters insurance is more money due to the hurricanes. All in all my Pros outweigh those cons and I think you will love it if you decide to move!
What she said. I had an apartment on Chesapeake Bay and it was awesome! I would take my kayak out quite a bit and being in the Norfolk, VA area at the time I didn't have to worry aboot hericans too much.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I used to. Tourists and shoebies drove me out of there.

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Thanx for all the responses.

Countach brought up all the hot points in regards to all the research I've done on it.

Probably waiting til after this summer to make a move on it, at my agents recommendation.