• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Any Joe Satriani fans out there?

Hordes of Locusts was a good tune. I still listen to JS occasionally, he's a phenomenal talent.

He's absolutely terrific player...him and Vai have such a tremendous phrasing and compositional skills but people only like what's easy on the ear,that's why no one listens to Jazz or Classical music.

Favorite songs:

Friends
Love Thing
The Forgotten Part 2
Time
Ceremony
Why
Lords Of Karma

I like Satriani, I saw him live a few years ago in Times Square when he played with Eric Johnson (also an amazing guitarist)

I admire his talent and compositional skills but like most "shredders" but occasionally he gets to a point where he just ejaculates notes... which is sad. Though he's a lot more reserved with that than most.

I like.... Surfing with the Alien, the Extremist, Summer Song, and Crush of Love the best.

I like Satriani, I saw him live a few years ago in Times Square when he played with Eric Johnson (also an amazing guitarist)

I admire his talent and compositional skills but like most "shredders" but occasionally he gets to a point where he just ejaculates notes... which is sad. Though he's a lot more reserved with that than most.

I like.... Surfing with the Alien, the Extremist, Summer Song, and Crush of Love the best.

no one listens to Jazz or Classical music.

You're certain of this? Just because they aren't considered popular genres doesn't mean nobody listens to them. Virtually all trained musicians either have played or still play jazz or "classical" (Classical was actually a period of music spanning from the death of JS Bach to somewhere around the time of Beethoven). For your information, whenever you hear a guitarist shredding and you think that it's all original stuff that they're coming up with, most of what they're playing was likely written in the 18th century by an Italian violinist named Niccolò Paganini. Even your beloved Satriani had his roots in jazz and classical.

I started listening to Satch back in 1988 and have every CD he's made. I've always preferred his style over Vai. Don't get me wrong, Vai shreds and is very creative, but Joe can write songs that convey tons of emotion. I always feel like Vai is just a little stiffer and is usually trying to be overly experimental.

I saw Joe play at the House of Blues in L.A. back in 1995 and in San Diego in 1998. I also got to see him, EJ and Vai on the original G3 tour. Kenny Wayne Sheppard played with them on that date too.

As for Chickenfoot. It's got some fun groovy tunes on there. I like Sammy, and a lot of it could have been Van Halen stuff, but I'm diggin it so far.

Prod3

Expect Nothing and Appreciate Everything
Ive seen him a few times too, first back in 2001 on his Strange Beautiful Tour at the Shepards Bush Empire, then on his G3 tour with Steve Vai & Robert Fripp at the Royal Albert Hall, again on his Super Colossal tour in 2006 and yet again on his Prof Satchafunkilus tour in 2008, both at Hammersmith Apollo. I didnt get to see him on his Chickenfoot tour this year though which was a shame

I didnt get to see him on his Chickenfoot tour this year though which was a shame

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything by not watching Chickenfoot. They sound like individualistic, egotistical rockstars trying to stand out above the other individualistic, egotistical rockstars in the band. :)

:hatsoff:

Yeah Man the Satch!
i love surfing with the alien and satch boogie
but my favorite guitarist is John Petrucci
Steve Vai,and Paul Gilbert are also amazing

Lungzyn

Die For Me
For your information, whenever you hear a guitarist shredding and you think that it's all original stuff that they're coming up with, most of what they're playing was likely written in the 18th century by an Italian violinist named Niccolò Paganini.

Paganini was possessed by the devil!
At least thats what some people back then thought :D

Paganini was possessed by the devil!
At least thats what some people back then thought :D

And he used that, and his abnormally large physical features, as publicity, and he laughed all the way to the bank. ;)

So, kind of like Ron Jeremy

Yeeeeah, kind of, only different. Paganini had huge hands, nose, and chin. He used his appearance to further the myth that he was in league with the devil.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
Yeeeeah, kind of, only different. Paganini had huge hands, nose, and chin. He used his appearance to further the myth that he was in league with the devil.
Yup, just kidding :D
I've read quite a bit about Paganini, interesting guy
Although it kinda breaks the mystique when you see a 12 year old chinese girl play all 24 Caprices
Groundbreaking stuff back then though

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
The Hicksville-Westbury Long Island combination. ...

"Burning Our Bed" off the Alice Cooper album, Hey Stoopid. Songwriter is Hicksville native Al Pitrelli (along with Alice Cooper, Bob Pfeifer and Steve West) The guest guitarist is Westbury's own Joe Satriani.

... I don't think that Al and Joe have ever been mentioned in the same song. Let alone, I've have never seen them play together in concert.

Don't get me started with Carle Place native Steve Vai. He's another great guitarist.

Carle Place is next to Westbury which is next to Hicksville.

Last edited:

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I can't say I'm a fan, but he does deserve his due, as a musician.