• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #4

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Anti-Obama Movie Stuns Hollywood For #4

The shocker was Rocky Mountain Pictures’ political documentary 2016 Obama’s America which expanded into theaters across America this weekend after a very limited release and wound up as 4th place.

That’s stunning because it’s playing in 1/3 less theaters across North American than the other wide release actioners. (See below for more details). Due to its hot pre-sales, the pic is proving frontloaded, and its ranking will fall steeply by end of Sunday. But the doc made its point: its new cume after this weekend should make it the #1 conservative documentary (besting Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed’s $7.7M).

The pic is based on conservative author and commentator Dinesh D’Souza’s New York Times bestselling 2010 book The Roots Of Obama’s Rage and co-directed by D’Souza and John Sullivan and produced by Academy Award winner Gerald R. Molen (co-producer of Schindler’s List). Its success comes because of savvy marketing on the eve of the Republican National Convention August 27-30. Exhibitors are reporting busloads arriving at theaters around the country in pre-organized trips.

It also employed much of the same marketing techniques used to garner attention and support for faith-based films, understandable since the audience is overlapping. Its campaign included advertising nationally over the past two weeks on talk radio and cable news channels including Fox News Channel, A&E, History and MSNBC. ”Yes, I also didn’t believe it when I first saw the film taking off in pre-sales on Tuesday,” an exhibition insider tells me. “Because there’s not a lot of new product that’s taking off.”

Article

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Never mind that 90% of the national debt is a direct result of Trickle down republican policy.

Exhibitors are reporting busloads arriving at theaters around the country in pre-organized trips.
I guess the Reps aren't involved at all in the organisation of these trips...
siffle2.gif

Reminds me of my two daughters fighting. They both keep saying, "No, You are!"

I know I'm pissing in the wind, but I'm waiting for one of these leaders to inspire me.

I get that Republicans caused 90% of the debt (As a layman: Bush cuts, Stimulus (they can honestly share this one), Recession (blame it on the Republicans is a tad unfair), the wars, Medicare, and healthcare - not in that order).

I like the idea of the affordable healthcare law. I do think some of the downstream dominoes are overlooked. So, it is a mixed bag, like most things.

I am not enamored with either party. I'm being naive and looking for someone who cares more than about politics.

Intellectually I know that the idealists will be victims to Darwin.

Oh look it's revamp who actually made a movie about Obama:tongue:
The movie sucks btw.

"2016: Obama's America" becomes the top-grossing documentary of the year after a modest start. Beats 3 new films!"

Galvanizing conservatives Dinesh D’Souza and John Sullivan’s documentary 2016: Obama's America grossed a stellar $6.3 million as it expanded nationwide over the weekend, beating a trio of three new films.
The anti-Barack Obama film, opening last month in only a few theaters, now boasts a domestic cume of $9.2 million, the top gross of the year for a documentary (excluding nature films). Bully was the previous crownholder with $3.5 million.

Among other records, Obama's America is now the top conservative documentary of all time, beating out Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed ($7.7 million).
Obama's America -- promoted heavily on talk radio and distributed by Rocky Mountain Pictures -- timed its nationwide expansion to the Republican National Convention, which gets underway this week in Tampa, Fla.

:D

Hey, Will, why did you not make this same thread for Fahrenheit 9/11, which actually did even better than this film? Look how much that film did for the Democrats at the time. This film will accomplish just as much for the Republicans this time.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
"2016: Obama's America" becomes the top-grossing documentary of the year after a modest start. Beats 3 new films!"

Galvanizing conservatives Dinesh D’Souza and John Sullivan’s documentary 2016: Obama's America grossed a stellar $6.3 million as it expanded nationwide over the weekend, beating a trio of three new films.
The anti-Barack Obama film, opening last month in only a few theaters, now boasts a domestic cume of $9.2 million, the top gross of the year for a documentary (excluding nature films). Bully was the previous crownholder with $3.5 million.

Among other records, Obama's America is now the top conservative documentary of all time, beating out Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed ($7.7 million).
Obama's America -- promoted heavily on talk radio and distributed by Rocky Mountain Pictures -- timed its nationwide expansion to the Republican National Convention, which gets underway this week in Tampa, Fla.

:D

At 9.2 million, it is the top conservative documentary? Of all time? And you are bragging about that?
Capitalism: A Love Story was a complete Michael Moore flop. It did 14.3 million.
More proof that conservatives are fucking boring and incapable of entertaining the masses.

Never mind that 90% of the national debt is a direct result of Trickle down republican policy.

not really, the national debt is a direct result of being indebted to the private federal reserve stock holders because they print up the funny green paper and loan it to the US treasury at a ridiculous interest rate which is designed to never be able to be paid back hence an ever increasing debt

How come that in a country that claims to be a democracy, there are only 2 political parties? republicans and democrats? are there not others?