• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Another day, another clown to be warded a position in Turump's cabinet

Trump Reportedly Considering Non-Economist CNBC Pundit To Head Council Of Economic Advisors

kitchen-kudlow.jpg

Media Explain Trump’s Decision: “Kudlow Isn’t An Economist, But He Plays One On TV”

President-elect Donald Trump is reportedly considering CNBC financial pundit and conservative political commentator Larry Kudlow to replace economist Jason Furman as the chairman of the Council of Economic Advisors (CEA). Kudlow built his career in conservative media as an advocate of failed trickle-down economic policies, and he is notorious for making faulty predictions and sharing misleading analyses. He may soon be rewarded for those efforts with one of the most prestigious economic jobs in the United States.

According to a December 15 report from The Detroit News, discredited right-wing economic pundit and Trump adviser Stephen Moore told the Lansing Regional Chamber of Commerce that the president-elect planned to name Kudlow as the chairman of the CEA before the end of the week. Moore later told the paper that he “misspoke” and that Kudlow is “on the short list” for a CEA appointment, but it is not “a done deal.”

As The Washington Post pointed out, Kudlow’s rumored consideration for a key White House appointment is “another unorthodox pick” for the incoming administration because Kudlow “lacks a graduate or undergraduate degree in economics and has not written scholarly papers on the subject.” As has been the case with more than a dozen Trump appointees and rumored selections, Kudlow’s primary qualification for serving as the president’s chief economist is that “he plays one on TV,” as David Dayen explained in The Nation:

The overriding quality necessary for landing a position in Donald Trump’s administration is that Trump has to know you from TV. Most of his cabinet selections have logged plenty of time in cable-news green rooms.

[...]

So in that context, floating Larry Kudlow to run the Council of Economic Advisers is perfectly apt. Kudlow isn’t an economist, but he plays one on TV. And more important, he confidently (and usually wrongly) favors what has to be seen as the dominant economic gospel of the Trump administration: tax cuts.

Over the course of his long career as a right-wing media personality, Kudlow has become synonymous with the failed trickle-down economic agenda favored by conservative politicians. He has also established a track record of being “usually wrong and frequently absurd” with faulty predictions and analysis that could undermine the economic security of hardworking Americans. As outlined by The Huffington Post, Kudlow’s “spectacular record of wrongness” may be what makes him a “perfect” adviser for Trump.

Kudlow Totally Missed The Financial Crisis, Refused To Acknowledge Recession

According to the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), an award-winning nonprofit research organization that is perhaps best-known for determining a chronology of American business cycles and recessions, the Great Recession began in December 2007. Yet Kudlow published blogs on December 5, 6, and 7 of that year titled “The Recession Debate Is Over,” “There Ain’t No Recession,” and “Bush Boom Continues,” in the conservative National Review. By July 2008, as the unemployment rate continued to balloon in the seventh month of recession, Kudlow was still arguing in National Review that there was no recession or housing crisis. In May 2016, having finally come to terms with reality of the housing crash, Kudlow co-authored an op-ed in the right-wing Washington Times blaming Bill and Hillary Clinton because of a legislative initiative in the 1990s that made lines of credit more accessible to low-income families.

Kudlow Is A Notorious Poor-Shamer
During a March 2016 appearance at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC), Kudlow participated in a panel discussion where he lectured single parents in low-income families about poverty despite professing to have “virtually no knowledge in this field.” He bragged that he is "ignorant" of many issues facing such families, but said he felt he could speak to them because "there's enough documentation for ignorant people" to talk effectively about the supposed cause-effect relationship between poverty and single parenting. In November 2014, Kudlow spoke on the same subject at the Calvin Coolidge Memorial Foundation. Kudlow also used his National Review blog to promote a column by right-winger Cal Thomas that praised his misleading remarks. Kudlow’s position that marriage is a silver bullet solution to poverty is common among right-wing media personalities and conservative politicians, but the idea has been completely discredited by experts.

Kudlow Thought War In The Middle East Might Boost The Stock Market
In a June 2002 column, Kudlow lamented that “the economy is doing fine but the stock market is slumping” and argued that “decisive shock therapy to revive the American spirit would surely come with a U.S. invasion of Iraq.” Kudlow apparently hoped newfound wartime confidence and a surge of military spending would inflate the economy, but as economist Dean Baker of the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR) concluded in a May 2007 report on the economic impact of the Iraq War, “Military spending drains resources from the productive economy.” Kudlow’s views Middle Eastern warfare and the stock market were not isolated in Iraq, in an August 2006 column, he claimed that “global investors are cheering Israel’s advance” in a war against Lebanese fighters that left thousands of soldiers and civilians killed or injured.

Kudlow Is A Climate Science Denier
Media Matters conducted a study of CNBC’s coverage of climate change in 2013, finding that several CNBC figures, including Kudlow, denied the science of man-made climate change altogether. Kudlow attempted to further muddy the waters on climate science in an October 2014 blog by hyping a deeply flawed op-ed published by the conservative Wall Street Journal that misleadingly claimed “Climate Science Is Not Settled.” Kudlow’s continued aversion to the scientific consensus on climate change presents problems for U.S. economic stability, as dozens of business and industry leaders have already begun taking climatic shifts into account in their long-term planning.

Kudlow Actually Disagrees With Trump On Trade
One of the few economic policies at the core of Donald Trump’s presidential campaign was his opposition to major international trade deals. He spent months attacking his opponents for their support of free trade agreements like the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) and promised to immediately withdraw from the deal after taking office. Kudlow has been a major TPP supporter and wrote in a May 1, 2015, column for National Review that “Obama deserves credit” for trying to get the deal signed and ratified. In a March 11 column for CNBC, in which he responded to severe criticism from fellow conservatives, Kudlow stated, “I continue to oppose Donald Trump’s trade policies.”
http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/1...-pundit-head-council-economic-advisors/214851

So, Trum's pick to head Council Of Economic Advisors is someone who :
- pretends to be an economist but is not one
- is known for being hugely wrong in his economic analysis
- supports policies that are the very opposite of what Trump said he during the campaign

I guess this is one more 3d-chess genius move by Trump. Or is he also trolling those who voted for him because they fthought that, contrary to Hillary, he does care for the people ?

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/1...-pundit-head-council-economic-advisors/214851

So, Trum's pick to head Council Of Economic Advisors is someone who :
- pretends to be an economist but is not one
- is known for being hugely wrong in his economic analysis
- supports policies that are the very opposite of what Trump said he during the campaign

I guess this is one more 3d-chess genius move by Trump. Or is he also trolling those who voted for him because they fthought that, contrary to Hillary, he does care for the people ?

You are a fucking idiot.

Kudlow is highly regarded as a financial analyst and was assistant director of OMB in the Reagan administration during the greatest peacetime expansion in U.S. history.
The same expansion that Bill Clinton hitched his wagon to.

Kudlow is also engaging and has responded to my questions on Twitter a few times.

Good choice.

Eat a bowl of dicks.

You are a fucking idiot.

Kudlow is highly regarded as a financial analyst and was assistant director of OMB in the Reagan administration during the greatest peacetime expansion in U.S. history.
The same expansion that Bill Clinton hitched his wagon to.

Kudlow is also engaging and has responded to my questions on Twitter a few times.

Good choice.

Eat a bowl of dicks.

Anything to do with Reagan/daddy bush is tainted those scab fuckers sold cocaine to their own people to finance bullshit regimes.

Kakistocracy (kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) is a term meaning a state or country run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. The word was first coined by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but was rarely used until the 21st century.

Got a feeling this is about to become part of the vernacular in Drumpftopia.

He may have been a good economic/financial analyst 20-30 years ago. But his repeated denial of the crisis in 2007 proves that his analysing skills aren't acute anymore

And what about his support to TPP and NAFTA, which Trump repeatedly spoke against during his campaign ?

He may have been a good economic/financial analyst 20-30 years ago. But his repeated denial of the crisis in 2007 proves that his analysing skills aren't acute anymore

And what about his support to TPP and NAFTA, which Trump repeatedly spoke against during his campaign ?

Are you really that stupid? Kudlow was talking about a garden variety recession. Not a full blown economic meltdown due to a housing bubble..
Trump has a lot of people around him that don't agree with him on everything.

Ultimately,either they will convince Trump of their view or they will implement his.

Kudlow, like me, doesn't agree with Trump's protectionist approach.

For conservatives, Trump's upside far outweighs his downside. Larry's radio show yesterday focused on the undeniable Trump Bump due to optimism in the markets for the past 6 weeks.

I like how the media calls out anyone that doesn't buy into the man made climate change computer modeling unproven science non consensus bullshit as a climate denier.

Climate change is some secular religion now and it will not be a litmus test for appointees.

Stick it up your asses.

America is back snowflake, deal with it.

Are you really that stupid? Kudlow was talking about a garden variety recession. Not a full blown economic meltdown due to a housing bubble..
Trump has a lot of people around him that don't agree with him on everything.

Ultimately,either they will convince Trump of their view or they will implement his.

Kudlow, like me, doesn't agree with Trump's protectionist approach.
I have no problem with a Secretary of State disagreeing with the President on Economy, a General Attorney disagreing with him on Foreign Policy, etc. But we're speaking about an economy advisor who stron,gly disagrees withg him on Economy.
If, as you suggest, he convinces Trump to his view, what about the millions of people who voted for Trump because of he's protectionist stance ? What do you say to these people ?
"Sorry folks, I know you trusted me on that but I've changed my mind" ?

For conservatives, Trump's upside far outweighs his downside. Larry's radio show yesterday focused on the undeniable Trump Bump due to optimism in the markets for the past 6 weeks.
I admit it there's a bump since the election and it's most probably due to Trump's positivism. But let's wake 1 or 2 years before judging the effects of his policy on economy.

I like how the media calls out anyone that doesn't buy into the man made climate change computer modeling unproven science non consensus bullshit as a climate denier.

Climate change is some secular religion now and it will not be a litmus test for appointees.
I knew you would react like this and this is why i did not talk about Kudlow's stance on that issue. Trump is a climate change denier so it make sence that he picks climate change deniers in his cabinet, fair enough. I never hoped he would pick climate-change believers.

America is back snowflake, deal with it.
Never noticed America was away. I assume you're referring to the last 8 years.
Actually, to me, if there's one moment when America wasn't there it was from 2000 to 2008. Instead we has crazy neo-con with an idiotic rapture-believer as President.

In the winter of 2003, when George Bush and Tony Blair were frantically gathering support for their planned invasion, Professor Thomas Römer, an Old Testament expert at the university of Lausanne, was rung up by the Protestant Federation of France. They asked him to supply them with a summary of the legends surrounding Gog and Magog and as the conversation progressed, he realised that this had originally come, from the highest reaches of the French government.

President Jacques Chirac wanted to know what the hell President Bush had been on about in their last conversation. Bush had then said that when he looked at the Middle East, he saw "Gog and Magog at work" and the biblical prophecies unfolding. But who the hell were Gog and Magog? Neither Chirac nor his office had any idea. But they knew Bush was an evangelical Christian, so they asked the French Federation of Protestants, who in turn asked Professor Römer.

He explained that Gog and Magog were, to use theological jargon, crazy talk. They appear twice in the Old Testament, once as a name, and once in a truly strange prophecy in the book of Ezekiel

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush

So yeah, America is back. It's been back for 8 years now.

In their new book "JFK and the Reagan Revolution," CNBC senior contributor and former Reagan administration economist Larry Kudlow and historian Brian Domitrovic make a bold statement: Former President John F. Kennedy was a big believer in supply-side economics. That's a concept that is more often associated with former president Ronald Reagan and Republicans than Democrats.

Why a book on JFK and Reagan now?

Kudlow believes that Hillary Clinton and the rest of today's leading Democrats have forgotten JFK's true economic gift to his party and the rest of the country — supply-side economics. But, he also says Donald Trump is a true supply sider and would implement growth-inducing tax cuts if elected.

I sat down with Larry Kudlow at CNBC headquarters this week to discuss the book and the still mostly unknown story of how President Ronald Reagan admired JFK's economic policies and was determined to emulate them.

Your book tells the untold story of how the intellectual link between JFK and Ronald Reagan came about. What was Reagan's path to favoring lower taxes across the board to boost economic growth?

Kudlow: Both Reagan and Kennedy were not supply-siders to begin with. Reagan was even raising some taxes when he was governor of California. But in the late 1970s, supply-side economists Art Laffer, Robert Mundell, Alan Reynolds, and Bruce Bartlett all met with Wall Street Journal editorial page editor Robert Bartlett to discuss how to spur American economic growth. They eventually converted Bartlett to their way of thinking, which was also about a strong dollar in addition to tax cuts. Soon after they also converted former NFL star and then-Congressman Jack Kemp. Bruce Bartlett was on Kemp's staff and one day it was Kemp himself who said, "Why don't we just duplicate the Kennedy tax cuts?" Many of those same people started selling that philosophy to Reagan around that time, but again it was Kemp who really convinced him. By 1977 or 1978, Reagan was a dyed-in-the-wool supply-side tax cutter.

I have no problem with a Secretary of State disagreeing with the President on Economy, a General Attorney disagreing with him on Foreign Policy, etc. But we're speaking about an economy advisor who stron,gly disagrees withg him on Economy.
If, as you suggest, he convinces Trump to his view, what about the millions of people who voted for Trump because of he's protectionist stance ? What do you say to these people ?
"Sorry folks, I know you trusted me on that but I've changed my mind" ?

I admit it there's a bump since the election and it's most probably due to Trump's positivism. But let's wake 1 or 2 years before judging the effects of his policy on economy.

I knew you would react like this and this is why i did not talk about Kudlow's stance on that issue. Trump is a climate change denier so it make sence that he picks climate change deniers in his cabinet, fair enough. I never hoped he would pick climate-change believers.

Never noticed America was away. I assume you're referring to the last 8 years.
Actually, to me, if there's one moment when America wasn't there it was from 2000 to 2008. Instead we has crazy neo-con with an idiotic rapture-believer as President.

In the winter of 2003, when George Bush and Tony Blair were frantically gathering support for their planned invasion, Professor Thomas Römer, an Old Testament expert at the university of Lausanne, was rung up by the Protestant Federation of France. They asked him to supply them with a summary of the legends surrounding Gog and Magog and as the conversation progressed, he realised that this had originally come, from the highest reaches of the French government.

President Jacques Chirac wanted to know what the hell President Bush had been on about in their last conversation. Bush had then said that when he looked at the Middle East, he saw "Gog and Magog at work" and the biblical prophecies unfolding. But who the hell were Gog and Magog? Neither Chirac nor his office had any idea. But they knew Bush was an evangelical Christian, so they asked the French Federation of Protestants, who in turn asked Professor Römer.

He explained that Gog and Magog were, to use theological jargon, crazy talk. They appear twice in the Old Testament, once as a name, and once in a truly strange prophecy in the book of Ezekiel

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/andrewbrown/2009/aug/10/religion-george-bush

So yeah, America is back. It's been back for 8 years now.
First, Gog and Magog are not only mentioned in the old testament but in the book of Revelations as well. The context is different from Genesis to Ezekiel to Revelations. In the book of Revelations it refers to the view that they are enemies in the Middle East /Asia Minor/Asian region. So the French interpretation is wrong.

A lot of evangelicals believe in prophecy and that the Battle of Armageddon will erupt in the Middle East and Gog and Magog ( which some biblical scholars interpret as Russia and China) will be the hostile countries sparking the war. Just because a secularist liberal like Chirac didn't understand GWB's view didn't make him a fanatic.

I personally don't like GWB anymore but that is a whole different thread.

So I will mark you down as a Bible denier. Although you like to quote it when it suits your purpose.

As for Kudlow, he isn't up for Treasury or to replace Janet Yellen.

Advisors are just that, advisors. That doesn't mean their advice is always followed.

Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton is still walking her dogs
And taking selfies in Chappaqua.

Life is good.

images_5.jpg

I'll still put this up against anything Larry said wrong any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

He should have rammed National Healthcare down the GOP throats when they owned the congress one of my major disappointments of his time in office.
The fact that Congress still allows the Medical/insurance companies to feed on the American public like they do is criminal.

So I will mark you down as a Bible denier. Although you like to quote it when it suits your purpose.
Bible denier ? I gladly embrace that. I quote the Bibe only to show how christias like to cherry-pick things, to take some part of it very seriously but completely ignore other parts, sometimes even in the same chapter

As for Kudlow, he isn't up for Treasury or to replace Janet Yellen.

Advisors are just that, advisors. That doesn't mean their advice is always followed.
How do you pick and advisor, what kind of people do you take to advise you ? You pick people who share your views but have a deeper knowledge on a very specific issue.
Picking Kudlow for economic advisor when you said during the whole campaign that you strongly oppose TPP and NAFTA is like picking Al Gore as envionomental (or energy) advisor when you campaigned as a climate-change denier.

Life is good.
Enjoy it, because starting on January 20th US there's gonna be shit in the fan

Kakistocracy (kækɪsˈtɑkɹəsi) is a term meaning a state or country run by the worst, least qualified, or most unscrupulous citizens. The word was first coined by English author Thomas Love Peacock in 1829, but was rarely used until the 21st century.

Got a feeling this is about to become part of the vernacular in Drumpftopia.

images_8.jpg