• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

And now he's a vegetable

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
http://www.jems.com/article/news/amr-paramedic-critical-conditi

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A savage beating by two men outside Dodger Stadium left a San Francisco Giants fan in a medically-induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

The assault after Thursday's season opener between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the rival Giants left a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz in critical but stable condition.

Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing.

Detective Larry Burcher said security cameras had yielded nothing of great value, but investigators were confident there were many witnesses with valuable information. Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of the suspects.

The two suspects cursed and taunted three men in Giants gear as thousands of fans left the stadium after the 2-1 Dodger victory, Detective T.J. Moore said.

The Giants fans ran and two got away, but the assailants caught up to one in the parking lot, struck him on the back of the head and as he fell, he hit his head on the asphalt, Moore said.

Both attackers then kicked the victim, then ran, Moore said. They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman with a boy, Moore said.

The victim's friends returned and found him on the ground.

Police have not released his name, but friends and family told his hometown paper, the Santa Cruz Sentinel, that his name was Bryan Stow, a married father of two who works for a San Jose ambulance company.

Family members were at County-USC Hospital, where doctors put him in a coma to deal with his brain injuries, according to City News Service.

Rebecca Mackowiak, Stow's co-worker at American Medical Response, started a fund to help pay his medical bills.

"He is a really friendly guy and easygoing," she told the Sentinel. "There's not one person in this world who knows him who would think of him as a fighter."

The Dodgers said they were co-operating with investigators and wished the victim a speedy recovery.

After offering the reward, Antonovich called for enhanced security and strict limits on alcohol sales at Dodger Stadium, which is owned by the team and regulated by Los Angeles and the state Alcohol Beverages Control Board.

Dodgers owner Frank McCourt defended the organization, saying the violence was awful but that it can't always be stopped.

"I'm quite confident that all of our measures were in place, and it's just one of those things that you could have 2,000 policemen there and it's just not going to change that random act of violence. It's a sad, sad thing," McCourt said at the dedication of a Dodger-sponsored Little League field in South Los Angeles. "Let's keep in mind that opening day is 56,000 people, it's a lot of people, and the incidents we had relative to that were very, very few. But, that said, one is too many."

Southern California ballparks have seen violence in recent years. In April 2009, a man stabbed his friend in the Dodger Stadium parking lot after the team's home opener. Arthur Alvarez said he acted in self-defense and was acquitted by a jury.

Two months later at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, an off-duty police officer shot and wounded two men who assaulted him in the parking lot after a game.

The West Coast rivalry began on April 18, 1958, the first game played in California after both teams had moved from New York. The Dodgers beat the Giants 6-5 in a game played before nearly 79,000 fans at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
-------------------------

His recovery thus far has been nothing short of miraculous...I really hope he gets to the point where he is indeed able to throw out that first pitch. When I first heard about this story I wasn't at all surprised to hear that it happened in LA...place is a fucking cesspool...wish I had the capital...I'd buy that team and move it out of that war zone.

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
This happened quite a while ago. In fact, an entire baseball season has come an gone since the incident...yet he had only left the hospital a month ago.
Yes. And you know where I'm going with this, right? If he had been carrying a gun, he would still be going to baseball games with his children. And, several THUGS would be worm food right now.

Considering how some in here HATE guns, the above scenario sounds better than the one that actually happened, wouldn't you agree?

Yes. And you know where I'm going with this, right? If he had been carrying a gun, he would still be going to baseball games with his children. And, several THUGS would be worm food right now.

Considering how some in here HATE guns, the above scenario sounds better than the one that actually happened, wouldn't you agree?

Did not see that coming...you may have a point there.

emceeemcee

Banned

For a second there it looked as if you were just empathizing with someone who had been viciously attacked....

Then it just turned out that you were dickwad who was using some guy's personal tragedy to try and push an agenda. Classy.

:facepalm:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
So, we dug up a seven month old story to poorly prove a point?
Because had he been allowed to carry a gun, he would have been dead. Why? Because the two thugs also would have been able to carry guns and would have gunned him down before he could have reacted.

Because had he been allowed to carry a gun, he would have been dead. Why? Because the two thugs also would have been able to carry guns and would have gunned him down before he could have reacted.

Also a good point.

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
LOL@ your logic...

What part of CRIMINAL do you not understand?

1. Criminals disregard all laws. Hence, that makes them a criminal!
2. Criminals deal in illegal drug activity all the time.
3. Criminals rob and steal from other innocent people all the time.
4. Criminals kill innocent people all the time.
5. Criminals kill other criminals all the time.
6. Criminals rob local merchants all the time.
7. Criminals roam around in gangs intimidating others, including law abiding people, such as paramedics with their children at baseball games.
8. Criminals do not apply for gun carrying permits. They simply disobey the laws and well... break the law.

Law abiding citizens do not perform the above activities. Hence, they are not labeled as CRIMINALS.

It's nice to see that you side with the criminals and criminal activity, you fucking asswipe.

LOL at your comment..."Because had he been allowed to carry a gun, he would have been dead. Why? Because the two thugs also would have been able to carry guns and would have gunned him down before he could have reacted."

Jeezuz Krist dude, he was a paramedic. He reacts to terrible situations professionally and very calmy to help people who are in dire need of emergency care all the time. I'm sure he would have been aware of his situation. Yet you, with all your infinite wisdom have the balls to say he he would have been gunned down?????

Gunned down???? GOD DAMN..... he's a fucking vegetable now!!!! Your point is??????????

Mayhem

Banned
For a second there it looked as if you were just empathizing with someone who had been viciously attacked....

Then it just turned out that you were dickwad who was using some guy's personal tragedy to try and push an agenda. Classy.

This, coming from the site's #1 agenda pussy...I mean, agenda pusher....I mean pussy....er, pusher..........Hell, both apply equally.

Shifty

O.G.
Law abiding citizens do not perform the above activities. Hence, they are not labeled as CRIMINALS.

It's nice to see that you side with the criminals and criminal activity, you fucking asswipe.

LOL at your comment..."Because had he been allowed to carry a gun, he would have been dead. Why? Because the two thugs also would have been able to carry guns and would have gunned him down before he could have reacted."

Jeezuz Krist dude, he was a paramedic. He reacts to terrible situations professionally and very calmy to help people who are in dire need of emergency care all the time. I'm sure he would have been aware of his situation. Yet you, with all your infinite wisdom have the balls to say he he would have been gunned down?????

Gunned down???? GOD DAMN..... he's a fucking vegetable now!!!! Your point is??????????

For the record, thus far you've called Stan an asswipe and a mothefucker for simply disagreeing with you.

The point is ... you're a fucking hot head. You go off at the drop of a hat, and it's a wonder you don't blow away half the people that look at you sideways.

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
The point is ... you're a fucking hot head. You go off at the drop of a hat, and it's a wonder you don't blow away half the people that look at you sideways.
All these years that I've been carrying my pistol, I've never once had reason to pull it from it's holster. And, I hope I never do. However, if the situation does arise, I feel confident that it will not be me in the obituaries the next day.

I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it! ;)

luvsemlarge

Closed Account

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Why doesn't the media ever post the sketches of the attackers?
surely if they did someone would come forth with info, leads.
Plus why can't they find these guys. There's got to be video cameras at the stadium to help?
It seems that it would be difficult but possible.

luvsemlarge

Closed Account
And here is a short bio of his attacker(s)

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic, remains in critical but stable condition under heavy sedation to prevent seizures caused by the traumatic brain injury he suffered in the March 31 attack.

Los Angeles police raided an East Hollywood apartment building Sunday and arrested Giovanni Ramirez, 31, on suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon. The case was submitted to the Los Angeles County district attorney's office and was under review.

Ramirez has a violent past, according to court records. In 1999, he pleaded guilty to one count of attempted robbery after he grabbed a purse from a woman boarding a bus and she was thrown to the ground.

He was sentenced to a year in jail and placed on three years of probation. An assault charge was dropped by prosecutors.

In 2005, Ramirez was convicted of possessing or importing for sale composite or hard wooden knuckles, a misdemeanor. Prison records indicate Ramirez served time, but no other details were immediately available. Two drug-related charges as well as one count of firing a weapon in public were dismissed.

Stow's family members never gave up hope that someone would be arrested, said his sister Erin Collins. They thanked the Los Angeles Police Department for its "exhaustive efforts."

"Bryan has a long road ahead of him, but we are thankful that this suspect is in custody and is unable to do this to another family," Collins said.

Prudencia Strong, 72, recalled the attempted robbery by Ramirez in November 1998 and said she fears for her own safety, even after learning about his arrest.

She said she was headed to her job as a maid at a Century City hotel when she felt a strong tug from behind while standing on a step in the bus. She fell to the ground and broke a finger on her left hand when it struck a newsstand.

Fortunately, she was able to hail a police officer, and Ramirez was captured soon after in a nearby parking lot.

"I was so scared," said Strong, who added she was robbed two more times at the same bus stop by different thugs. "Every morning I looked around and around to see if someone was coming."

She believes having her name made public will bring her undue attention from cohorts of Ramirez.

He's a real stand-up citizen, eh? And yet, you rail against me because I want to defend myself and others against people like this???