• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Americanisms...

Obviously everyone who has a different opinion especially non brittish must have an inferiority complex and a chip on their shoulder.
Er no, I didn't say that or suggest it. :confused:
But when someone blames all their ills on another country & lives in the past & makes such a lengthy post which is little more than a catalogue of misfortune with the blame always left at someone else's door it tends to come across like an inferiority complex.
England's history isn't all sunshine & rainbows either! & I never once said we were superior. Nor do I think it.

habo9

Banned
Theres no inferiority complex , Im a proud Scotsman and I want to see Scotland go it alone anyone has an inferiority complex its England thats why you's went around the world doing what you's did , to make yous top dog , so you's wouldnt get invaded or beaten

This bad feeling in Scotland could be ended easily by getting independece but we wont get it because in reality , you's need us more than we need you's.

As for my comment about being on the front line if it happened again , yes I would
So how is standing up for your country being pathetic? Wouldnt you do the same for England?

BTW Im just back from being across enemy lines lol guess what , I didnt paint my face blue or run around shouting freedom as I said before I like going to England and my brothers English , I have nephews who are English , my two cousins from Ilkeston in Derby are top barristers in England , I dont hate England I quite enjoy going down & London is my favourite city in the world but I do hate your history and your involvment in Scotland

Northern Ireland wouldnt be in the state its in if it wasnt for Englands interference and yes Im talking nearly a thousand years of interference trying to get them under control...

As for Scotland you's consistently raped and murdered in my country for centurys , even when we were in the union you's still killed and murdered Scotsmen , would the Highlands look as they look now if it wasnt for you's taking the land during the Empire so your nobility and rich people could have holiday hunting , deer , grouse etc , we have been second class citizens in the Empire even today we dont get shit until westminster agrees with it , you's even try shit out in Scotland first to see if it works.........Poll Tax is the last one in the late 80's , England tried to control us and when it didnt work you's done what you's you's do everywhere you's go and turn your guns on us , when all we wanted was what was ours , Culloden all these men wanted was there land they had lived and farmed on for years & years but no you's would rather kill thousands than give them whats rightfully theres but in England its classed as a rebellion when in reality it was Scots fighting for what was theres

So confuse inferiority with Proud and chip with reality because Scotland would be a completely different place if it wasnt for Englands interference

I would personally give the government £14000 to buy us out of the union , if all things were equal , I dont doubt this anti-English Authority feeling wouldnt be here but for a millenia we have been second class citizens in our own country , you's have consistently tried to invade and rule and to say most of Scotland ills arent caused by Englands history in Scotland , is pathetic

I would write a list down but I havent got all decade , maybe if some English could see by the end of there nose they would see this and I would rather fail or win being independent , rather than blaming you's but as long as you's interfere and are in control its you's who are to blame and the only reason I wrote a lengthy post was because its all true and I could have wrote even longer if I wasnt getting bored :hatsoff:

Your grasp of history is a little selective.In general relationships between England and Scotland remained reasonable though with occasional flare ups but there was always a degree of interdependence.
As for Culloden, contemporary documents show conclusively that the Bonny Prince was generally unwelcome in Scotland.Threats and bribery were used to raise the force (though there were some genuine sympathisers) and support often broke along clan lines.To quote the Scotshistoryonline website;
Much of the romanticisation of the Jacobite uprisings especially in 1745 is unjustified.
There are several misconceptions surrounding this area of history. Firstly the Jacobite cause was not about Scotland versus England there were people of each nationality on either side. Secondly Bonnie Prince Charlie, although highly charismatic, was no hero, he could be viewed as a spoilt alcoholic aristocrat who had no problem leading loyal men to their graves for his own personal ambitions. Thirdly Jacobitism did not really stand for a noble cause, it sought to put the Stuarts back on the throne and they stood for the 'divine right of kings' which meant they believed the king was chosen by god and should have absolute authority.The Stuarts also advocated the Catholic religion (which many Scots were against). Ultimately it seems strange that the Jacobites have been immortalised on shortbread tins as a symbol of Scotland. Whatever the reason, the Jacobite cause has been remembered by Scots, and appropriated as a nationalist symbol.

As for the Poll Tax, it was a genuine attempt to rectify the monstrously unjust rating system.All people benefitted from local government spending (street lighting, refuse collection and so on) yet only one wage earner in three made any contribution to it.The community charge spread the costs across the board but this meant for every person that benefitted there were two who became worse off.These were the ones who made the most noise.They enjoyed freeloading too much.

habo9

Banned
Bonnie Prince Charlie was an idiot who rallied the people for his own cause , thinking it was for there benefit , the people fought for there land , Charlie boy fought for his claim to the crown and the Scots you refer to are Brits , who are indoctrined into thinking we are equal parteners in an union , there are two kinds of scots unionist Scots usually protestants who would quite happily be English and republican Scots who are nationalists and want an independant Scotland , preferably I would have a republic without any claim to any crown , so you arent telling me anything I dont know already about Bonnie Prince C

So my veiws arent selective I know quite a lot and have my veiws which arent for someone elses benefit to justify there crimes in anothers land

As for the Poll tax come up here and shout in any town that it was for our benefit and you will get killed , so we in Scotland are freeloaders , the whole of Scotland was against it and I remember most of England was against it when they got it as well , in fact I can remember riots in England so everyone of them , were out rioting because it was fair , I generally find people dont protest if thing are fair and the poll tax is one of the main things that caused Maggies demise

It wasnt fair anything but , but the council tax that they were forced into is fairer

Ps there was a reason I didnt mention BPC in my last post and that was why

habo9

Banned
Also I have said my bit and not once have any of you's debunked it

I will not be replying to any other Empire or England or Scotland post , if you's want a debate start another thread and leave this thread for what it was meant for Americanisms

Thanks and have a good day :thumbsup:

Theres no inferiority complex , Im a proud Scotsman and I want to see Scotland go it alone anyone has an inferiority complex its England thats why you's went around the world doing what you's did , to make yous top dog , so you's wouldnt get invaded or beaten

This bad feeling in Scotland could be ended easily by getting independece but we wont get it because in reality , you's need us more than we need you's.

As for my comment about being on the front line if it happened again , yes I would
So how is standing up for your country being pathetic? Wouldnt you do the same for England?

BTW Im just back from being across enemy lines lol guess what , I didnt paint my face blue or run around shouting freedom as I said before I like going to England and my brothers English , I have nephews who are English , my two cousins from Ilkeston in Derby are top barristers in England , I dont hate England I quite enjoy going down & London is my favourite city in the world but I do hate your history and your involvment in Scotland

Northern Ireland wouldnt be in the state its in if it wasnt for Englands interference and yes Im talking nearly a thousand years of interference trying to get them under control...

As for Scotland you's consistently raped and murdered in my country for centurys , even when we were in the union you's still killed and murdered Scotsmen , would the Highlands look as they look now if it wasnt for you's taking the land during the Empire so your nobility and rich people could have holiday hunting , deer , grouse etc , we have been second class citizens in the Empire even today we dont get shit until westminster agrees with it , you's even try shit out in Scotland first to see if it works.........Poll Tax is the last one in the late 80's , England tried to control us and when it didnt work you's done what you's you's do everywhere you's go and turn your guns on us , when all we wanted was what was ours , Culloden all these men wanted was there land they had lived and farmed on for years & years but no you's would rather kill thousands than give them whats rightfully theres but in England its classed as a rebellion when in reality it was Scots fighting for what was theres

So confuse inferiority with Proud and chip with reality because Scotland would be a completely different place if it wasnt for Englands interference

I would personally give the government £14000 to buy us out of the union , if all things were equal , I dont doubt this anti-English Authority feeling wouldnt be here but for a millenia we have been second class citizens in our own country , you's have consistently tried to invade and rule and to say most of Scotland ills arent caused by Englands history in Scotland , is pathetic

I would write a list down but I havent got all decade , maybe if some English could see by the end of there nose they would see this and I would rather fail or win being independent , rather than blaming you's but as long as you's interfere and are in control its you's who are to blame and the only reason I wrote a lengthy post was because its all true and I could have wrote even longer if I wasnt getting bored :hatsoff:
I did not say that most of Scotlands ills aren't caused by England. I agree as I said in my post that we have done some questionable things but I said stop blaming England for everything! Because we aren't responsible for ALL your ills. You really think that? Again, so naive. Scotch = Good guys. English = Bad guys. Just as oversimplified a view of history as the English-centric version you were taught at school.
:sleep:

I have a question, referring to the UK people. Hopefully you've seen the movie Greenstreet Hooligans, is soccer(football) really like that over there? With like firms and shit, and beating the ever loving piss out of each other just because they like a different soccer(football) team? Probably just some Hollywood hype dealing with movies, but maybe? I've always wondered, because I know how you brits love your soccer(football).

No its nothing like that at all, in England football it is seen as a place you could safly take your children to, like you said it was just a hollywood effect, obvioulsy you will get the odd toss pot who thinks he's hard but us English folk are quite relaxed and don't go to football filled with rage

It used to be [abit] like that in the 80's and 90's when you had the feeling that it wouldn't be safe, but times have moved on dramaticly - put it this way, my Grandad who is 74 goes to the footy every week and I don't worry about him because I know its totally safe.

In the 80's and 90's you would be suprised if your loved one returned from the football:eek:

In the 00's you would be suprised if your loved one was savaged to death - thats how thing have changed. :thumbsup:

habo9

Banned
I did not say that most of Scotlands ills aren't caused by England. I agree as I said in my post that we have done some questionable things but I said stop blaming England for everything! Because we aren't responsible for ALL your ills. You really think that? Again, so naive. Scotch = Good guys. English = Bad guys. Just as oversimplified a view of history as the English-centric version you were taught at school.
:sleep:

Dont you want to be my friend anymore? :rofl2:

You have hurt my feelings ha ha , do you really think I care that much? lol

Jay said you were good but your not that good :rofl:

BTW I didnt just get my views from school , you know nothing about me or my experiences in life , so mate if you beleive that my whole outlook in life was instilled in school , you are the naive one

Heres a little verse for you:

Yet if he should give up what he has begun, and agree to make us or our kingdom subject to the King of England or the English, we should exert ourselves at once to drive him out as our enemy and a subverter of his own rights and ours, and make some other man who was well able to defend us our King; for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom -- for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Alba Gu Brath

Free Scotland

:rofl:

Goodbye :wave2:

JayJohn85

Banned
Habo lad hasnt scotland not got its own parliament now? You will achieve any goals politically just make sure to make the fanatics realise you arent gonna sever ties with someone your geographically tied too lulz. Or even are very close to it just bad economics lmao.