• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Amazon surpasses Walmart as most valuable retailer in. the. WORRLLLLD.

WASHINGTON, July 25 (UPI) -- Amazon is now the most valuable retailer in the world after earning a surprising $92 million profit on its second quarter earnings report.

The 20-year-old e-commerce giant's market value zoomed past Walmart's late Thursday. Amazon is now worth $250 billion, while its longtime competitor is at a bit more than $230 billion, according to reports.

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/20...mart-as-most-valuable-retailer/8931437830467/

Ron Burgundy here has a theory as to why:

Really? Sex toys? pfffft.

Hold on ... there's someone at the door.

Amazon doesn't have to pay rent for tons of buildings, and doesn't have to pay thousands of employees, so yeah, I can see that. Far fewer expenses, delivery to your home, convenience of online shopping for the entire world, with perhaps exception to maybe a few lesser developed countries.

About the only disadvantage is the shipping cost for every little purchase. It adds up. I suspect for common goods Walmart is still much better.

Then again it's not like the cost of gas for driving to Walmart is that cheap anymore either. I can also find things online that would be almost impossible to get anyway else where I live.

Both companies have aspects I dislike very much about them, but I shop at both due to little reasonable alternative much of the time.

Antonella Kahllo

Official Checked Star Member
I love shopping at Amazon in the comfort of my home. :)

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
About the only disadvantage is the shipping cost for every little purchase. It adds up. I suspect for common goods Walmart is still much better.

Then again it's not like the cost of gas for driving to Walmart is that cheap anymore either. I can also find things online that would be almost impossible to get anyway else where I live.

Both companies have aspects I dislike very much about them, but I shop at both due to little reasonable alternative much of the time.

That's why I love eBay :) Free shipping on so many things! It may take forever for the super cheap items to get here when I buy them from China, but those prices can't be beat.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
I'm old school. I don't like buying ANYTHING on the Net.
I can count on 3 fingers the number of things I've bought on the Internet.
A Modem from the Walmart website and 2 Flash Drives from Amazon. And the 2 Flash Drives were only because I had won an Amazon Gift Card in a contest.

I prefer a Brick & Mortar place so that in case something goes wrong, I have a solid place nearby to where I can go complain. :cussing: I don't care to be fighting via phone or e-mail. I want to if need be, be able to immediately take the lemon piece of shit product to the store and get a replacement or my money back.