• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

AMA officially recognizes obesity as a disease.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
In my head-in-the-clouds-ideal idea of healthcare, I always envisioned a mostly universal-ish system, the exception being that people who lead unhealthy lifestyles would pay more into the system. Obesity is one shining example. It's already been mentioned that there are a few legitimate conditions that can cause weight gain, but the bottom line is really simple physics: you can't gain more weight than you eat. Period. Different ethnicities may metabolize food differently, and maybe some folks aren't so lucky in that department and can't get away eating the diet some other person can. That doesn't change the fact that you can't gain more weight than you eat.

I guess what I mean to say is...I'm not so fussed as to what it's classified as (disease or no), so long as it doesn't under any kind of 'protected' status. Does insurance normally cover other kinds of self-inflicted harm (that's an honest question - I'd like to know)?

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Thing is... work these days is often sitting on your cheeks. I love the gym, I even have a 24 hour one, but sometimes, there simply isn't time.
I think education needs to improve so people eat more salad. Right now there's a stigma against salad, but it tastes great and it's healthy even at a low price, so what more could you want?

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
Thing is... work these days is often sitting on your cheeks. I love the gym, I even have a 24 hour one, but sometimes, there simply isn't time.
I think education needs to improve so people eat more salad. Right now there's a stigma against salad, but it tastes great and it's healthy even at a low price, so what more could you want?

Problem with salad is all the shit people dump on it to give it more calories than a Big Mac. The poor salad...

Problem with salad is all the shit people dump on it to give it more calories than a Big Mac. The poor salad...

It's like those people thinking a subway sandwich is healthy lol

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
It's like those people thinking a subway sandwich is healthy lol

It starts out life as being healthier than a Big Mac...until people start putting all the extra mayo, sauce, oil, cheese, bacon, etc on it.

It starts out life as being healthier than a Big Mac...until people start putting all the extra mayo, sauce, oil, cheese, bacon, etc on it.

and take the foot long instead of the often more than enough 6 incher ;)