• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

AMA officially recognizes obesity as a disease.

Ridiculous in 99% of all obesity cases.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Even if they want to try and recognize obesity as a disease, they'll never get insurance companies to pay for medicine, surgery, counseling, or whatever to help people deal with it, and I have to say I agree with the insurance companies. This is a simple copout for every parent who doesn't take proper care of their kid, whether it's too much McDonald's or letting them sit in front of their Xbox 360 for hours at a time: "Well, he's got that obese disease, there's nothing I can do about it, so I'll try to get him pills, therapy, surgery, stuff that will help him". That doesn't help or solve the actual problem though: YOU.

Fat people have great personalities so at least we will be saving money on the mental health front.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
An embarrassment. Just as alcoholism is a "disease." Just anther excuse for being a liability.

Another gain for advocates of zero personal responsibility. "Oh, I know I'm fat, but it's not my fault. You see, if In-n-Out hadn't sold me all those animal style 4x4s over the years right now I'd look like Schwarzenegger in his prime. They're the ones who caused this disease I have. I'm sick." No, you're not sick, you're sickening! You look like 300 pounds of chewed bubble gum, you fat fuck! Don't try to blame it on someone else!

It's ridiculous that a supposed professional association would advocate people blaming their irresponsibly on something outside of their control. Meningitis is caused by bacteria and can't be avoided. Fat is caused by too many Little Debbies and too much couch potato, and CAN be avoided. Fuck you, AMA.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Yeah, it's definitely not a disease. I could understand calling it a disorder or condition, as mentioned in the article, but a disease? No.

When I looked up the actual definition of disease, obesity definitely does fit that description, so that's basically how they're getting away with it. Still, the problem isn't the definition, the problem is the people.

Definition of disease provided by the first result in my online dictionary results -

"illness of people, animals, plants, etc., caused by infection or a failure of health rather than by an accident"

I appreciate some instances of obesity can be caused through uncontrollable elements within a persons body, hormones etc.

But to classify obesity as a whole as a disease is an insult to those who really have no control over their bodies. A deficient gland versus a cheeseburger are two very different things.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
This will be used as a crutch by a lot of people. The only silver lining is now maybe the people who do everything they can to lose weight but can only lose .1 gram a week (or nothing) will get some attention instead of the doctor brushing it off as "stop eating X and exercise more."

This will be used as a crutch by a lot of people. The only silver lining is now maybe the people who do everything they can to lose weight but can only lose .1 gram a week (or nothing) will get some attention instead of the doctor brushing it off as "stop eating X and exercise more."

thats the 1% I left room for. Still most even in the above case should be honest with themself and take a good look at their life instead of looking for excuses and saying they do everything for it to loose weight.

rivasky

the special one
Still waiting for baldness to be recognized as a disease.

I think you should dip your bald head in oil and rub it all over Petra's tentacles.

lets not, she might think its Anders again and........

Mayhem

Banned
It's a disease and it should be regarded as such. Maybe the system will be abused, but this is long overdue.