• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

All things, small to beyond gigantic. Must-see.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
I've had the first Scale of the Universe tool set as my home page for ages. Gotta love the chilled out background music! This one, in comparison, seems incredibly slow to load and a lot...clunkier, in application. Perhaps that's just the .swf deliver. This second tool seems to have more stuff, but doesn't list the measurements for the stuff like the first one did. I recommend checking out the first one: http://scaleofuniverse.com/

I just love the fact that the USA is wider across than Pluto.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
At first I thought this thread was the title of a new James Herriot novel but cool stuff though.

missdannigee

Official Checked Star Member
haha is it weird that i had a smile on my face when i was looking at this? this is awesome! im taking a physics class right now (a requirement for my gen. ed. classes...not bc i want to) and ive slowly become more interested in stuff like this...alot on that little page has to do with what we've studied in class so far...im sending this to my professor, im sure she'll love it...

oh and ill make sure to send her the real link instead of the link to the forum ;)

thanks for this :)

Awesome find, Soop! I love things like that.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
I posted that here a few months ago.

:D
Boothbabe posted the first tool back in 2010. I think it's been reposted a few times since, though this post is at least the second tool...still, I can't complain about repeat threads about this. It's something that people should be interested in, even just in passing.

haha is it weird that i had a smile on my face when i was looking at this? this is awesome! im taking a physics class right now (a requirement for my gen. ed. classes...not bc i want to) and ive slowly become more interested in stuff like this...
I don't think it's at all weird to be interested in this sort of thing! The universe is an absolutely fascinating place. Even if you aren't into the nitty gritty physics of it all, the incredible scale and vastness (or the absolute microscopical) of things in the universe should be plenty to inspire awe and wonder.

I highly, highly recommend A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. You get a lot of the awe and wonder as well as a great history of our scientific knowledge in a uniquely accessible and humor-filled manner. Totally readable by those without any science background.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
This has been posted a few times before, but I never get tired of it. I always notice something different each time (like the length of every human combined).

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Mind was not blown, but I admire your enthusiasm for relative scaling of everything in the universe.