• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Absolute truth

This is one of the issues that moved me from the left to the right.

is there such a thing - absolute truth that what you or I believe has absolutely no bearing upon?

The reason nobody is touching this thread is because, coming from you, nobody knows what to say. Even your cohorts, who are well practised at defending the words and actions of donald trump, don't know how to reconcile you with the concept of "absolute truth."

Pretty much everyone else on this board who has been around for a while has shown some consistent adherence to a set of core beliefs, but you have the emotional and mental stability of a drunk 14 year old, with even weaker convictions. It's obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that your "absolute truth" is whatever suits your mood and motivations at any given moment.

georges

Staff member
The reason nobody is touching this thread is because, coming from you, nobody knows what to say. Even your cohorts, who are well practised at defending the words and actions of donald trump, don't know how to reconcile you with the concept of "absolute truth."

Pretty much everyone else on this board who has been around for a while has shown some consistent adherence to a set of core beliefs, but you have the emotional and mental stability of a drunk 14 year old, with even weaker convictions. It's obvious to anyone who has been paying attention that your "absolute truth" is whatever suits your mood and motivations at any given moment.

You are such an obama muppet that even the statements and the sentences you write are absolutely typical from a 16 years old dunce. You think that you are smarter than the rest of us but your intelligence and ability to be intouch with the reality are absolutely non existant. The liberal truth is to twist facts, slander, obstruct, destroy and bribe potential witnesses.

That's wonderful, mongoloid, but it's a simple straightforward question, who asked it is irrelevant.

Is there absolute truth or is everything relative?

giphy.gif

On relativism - if two claims contradict each other can they both be true? There is the irreducible principle of non-contradiction

For instance, if the makeup of the Supreme Court of the United States is of real importance to a person in one claim, but in another, not, can both be true?

that's for jagger too who is off resisting somewhere.

To those on here who say they might not vote at all. Keep this in mind....the next president will name as many as 3-4 Supreme Court justices. This will change the 5-4 balance on the court. So I say to my fellow lefties who are dissatisfied with Hillary, do you really want Cruz/Trump/Rubio shaping the court and thus changing the legal landscape when it comes to issues like gay rights, voting rights, workers rights, abortion rights, healthcare, Citizens United, etc

So Trump will change the balance of SCOTUS for decades. Cool. Also just read he's nominated nine federal judges. Cool. Count me as one those people who has never really been concerned about SCOTUS. You know how you combat the unbalance? Pass legislation that's constitutional. Pretty simple. If it's constitutional, the conservative majority won't be able to do a damn thing

On relativism - if two claims contradict each can they both be true? There is the irreducible principle of non-contradiction

For instance, if the makeup of the Supreme Court of the United States is of real importance and at the same time not, can both be true?

:1orglaugh

Oh and :1orglaugh @mongo.

He must have received the same degree in psychology as that idiot Blasey-Ford.

What core set of beliefs and convictions have I detached from? Fuck the left (if I were to ever have a calling card, that would be it)? My support of President Trump? That you're a humorless POS?

It appears that since animus has walked away from liberalism that his core beliefs have been quite consistent.