• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Abortion Not Seen to be Linked With Depression

Review of 21 Studies Shows No Proof of Mental Distress After Abortion

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - No high-quality study done to date can document that having an abortion causes psychological distress, or a "post-abortion syndrome," and efforts to show it does occur appear to be politically motivated, U.S. researchers said on Thursday.

A team at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore reviewed 21 studies involving more than 150,000 women and found the high-quality studies showed no significant differences in long-term mental health between women who choose to abort a pregnancy and others."

Rest of article here:
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/DepressionNews/wireStory?id=6389566

Pretty interesting...

Any thoughts? - especially from women here, or those who have been involved with abortion in some way....

that just doesn't seem to make sense, given that depression is a not-uncommon symptom of giving birth.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
one thing is that people block out/ dismiss things like that mentality.
just don't think about it.

But i would think its always somewhere in the back of the mind in many women and men who
have aborted a child.
child, not pregnancy.

how can you have a child without a pregnancy?

furthermore abort means to stop. how do you stop the baby? he's not going anywhere. he's still there, he's just dead now. so you abort the pregnancy. you terminate the baby.

Oh here we go again. :sing: every sperm is sacred :sing:

Besides, if you read the bible you'd know that God kills millions of people because they aren't good enough. If it's good enough for God it's good enough for me.

PS. I actually wanted to take this thread seriously, but I guess I'll go along with the rest of the people and just post crazy nonsense.

Depressing would be they were forced to by law or even choose to go through with a pregnancy and have an unwanted child.

The only woman i saw going throught that had a depression afterwards. She didnt had any religious background or actual faith... It was just a heavy moral burden for her. She was comming often at my home instead of staying alone: she needed to speak, to cry and to get out of that mood.

She visited the Psy. Took pills. The whole depression package deal.

Few years later, she had a child and is a wonderfull mother. But each time we are alone, she often talks about her missing child.

I don't have the global picture a study like the one provided here but... it will be hard to convince me that abortion and depression are not going together.

:2 cents:

Sidenote - Don't hear me wrong: I'm a Pro-Choice.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - No high-quality study done to date can document that having an abortion causes psychological distress...

So, murdering a baby doesn't cause it distress?

:dunno:

I'm glad to see that scientists are really concerned with the mother, but not the baby. That's refreshing.

that just doesn't seem to make sense, given that depression is a not-uncommon symptom of giving birth.

You're probably referring to "post-partum" depression, or that which occurs after a woman gives birth.

I think this research review was looking into more long-term affects of abortion vs. pregnancy (taken to birth).

PS. I actually wanted to take this thread seriously, but I guess I'll go along with the rest of the people and just post crazy nonsense.

Yeah, it has been pretty disappointing thus far :crying:...but then it's not like this is a MENSA forum or something, either! ;)

I'm glad to see that scientists are really concerned with the mother, but not the baby. That's refreshing.

The purpose of this research was, presumably, to acquire particular facts and to make a reasonable interpretation of said facts. The research was not done to express concern, or provide comfort and care, to anyone - be it mother or baby/fetus.

Also, I'm not aware of any method known thus far to determine the emotional state of a fetus (esp. within the first trimester or two).

Whether abortion is right or wrong is one debate, but the issue of depression caused or triggered by abortion is another issue entirely.

When's the last time anything "high-quality" came out of Washington?

:1orglaugh

What does this have to do with Washington (DC, I presume?), anyway??? This study came from Johns Hopkins Univ., in Baltimore. - and I'm guessing that the handful of doctors involved in reviewing the research are scattered across the country - as was the origins of the research they reviewed. So, it's hardly accurate to call this study a product of Washington, DC.

Also, there are many fine graduates of DC's many universities (Georgetown, George Washington Univ., Catholic Univ. of America, American University, Gallaudet University, etc.), regardless of what someone's personal or political preferences are...

Murdering? Come on now!

Before the child had been born it is the duty of the medical proffesion to take the mothers well being into account way before the welfare of what is basically a bit of meat with a circulatory system. So if the mother wants to abort this so called "child" (which if born at that time wouldnt survive) then it is up to her and her alone.

I do have to disagree with the depression thing though.