• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2nd Amenment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Why is it that everybody conveniently seems to oversee the "well regulated Militia" part of the 2nd amendment? That seems to be the first and foremost part of the amendment, to fight or suppress a tyrannical government.

It's NOT overlooked by moderates in the middle or progressives on the left. It's only ignored by conservatives who want 2nd amendment to be whatever they wish it to be.

It's NOT overlooked by moderates in the middle or progressives on the left. It's only ignored by conservatives who want 2nd amendment to be whatever they wish it to be.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The Second Amendment is about one thing, and one thing only.... The Right Of The People To Bear Arms.

The only firewall between the federal gov't and the people are firearms.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Just like I was saying, the right always seems to forget the "well regulated militia" part of the amendment.

The PEOPLE, ARE the MILITIA. The armed forces, including the National Gaurd, are regulated, and commanded BY THE GOVERNMENT. They have their best interests as a priority, not ours.

The quotes of our founding fathers are still true today....

Guns are the peoples liberties teeth. - George Washington
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunc. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. - Ben Franklin

Our founding fathers knew society would advance. It progressed in their lifetime, they had to know it would continue. We were meant to be on equal ground with those we would need to defend against.

There is far more to blame in all of these instances, then the guns, yet that's the convenient answer for those that wish us disarmed and reliant.

NOT ONE gun law has ever been passed for the safety of the people, they are ALL MEANT to disarm a lawful populace. PERIOD!

Mayhem

Banned
This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Go ahead and believe that you'll be able to take on the U.S military with your pistol. Good luck with that:thumbsup:

That's exactly what the Syrian rebels are doing and they are doing it well.

It's also what the French Resistance did against the Nazis, and they did it with a single shot .45 ACP.

The Syrian are fighting fro more than a year and their fight is far from coming to and end...

The french resistance was a guerilla, they would never have freed the country without June 6th 1944

The PEOPLE, ARE the MILITIA.
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed
Is the militia well regulated ? Who regulates it ? How ?

The well regulated militia is the reason why the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Therefore if the militia is not well regulated then the right to keep and bear arms may be infringed.

The American Revolution took 8 years. Do you have any doubts who won that one? Asshole.
Modern wars are much faster, you're talking about something that happened 250 years ago. Ignorant

Mayhem

Banned
Modern wars are much faster, you're talking about something that happened 250 years ago. Ignorant

Yeah? And which "modern" war would that be? The Iraq War? Afghanistan? Bosnia? The Sudan? Give me your list of all these overnight wars that you are referring too.

Why is it that everybody conveniently seems to oversee the "well regulated Militia" part of the 2nd amendment? That seems to be the first and foremost part of the amendment, to fight or suppress a tyrannical government.

Just like I was saying, the right always seems to forget the "well regulated militia" part of the amendment.

I guess the two of you know better how to interpret the 2nd Amendment than the individuals who helped draft it...

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Co-author of the Second Amendment
during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
Samuel Adams
quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
Thomas Paine

"The great object is that every man be armed."
"Everyone who is able may have a gun."
Patrick Henry

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson
Third President of the United States

"The best we can help for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed."
Alexander Hamilton
The Federalist Papers at 184-8

You've seen it here first, folks: El Perro Mayor and knowone have a better grasp on the 2nd Amendment and the intended purpose of such than the likes of Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, Thomas Paine, Alexander Hamilton, Samuel Adams and George Mason. Thanks for clearing that up for us, guys! You must be beating thinktank job offers away with a stick!

Jefferson also warned against treating the Constitution as "a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist, and shape into any form they please." Your progressive attitudes regarding an activist judiciary re-writing the Constitution are in direct conflict with this thought. But, again, I'm sure the two of you (amongst others in this country) probably have a firmer grasp of the Constitution and its purposes, as well as the intentions of the drafters, than do the drafters themselves. Forgive me.

lol, this current (modern) war we are fighting has been going on for 10 years now. Much faster, you say?

Mr. Daystar

The Syrian are fighting fro more than a year and their fight is far from coming to and end...

The french resistance was a guerilla, they would never have freed the country without June 6th 1944

Is the militia well regulated ? Who regulates it ? How ?

The well regulated militia is the reason why the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Therefore if the militia is not well regulated then the right to keep and bear arms may be infringed.

What do you know about freedom?!?! If you had a well regulated militia...we wouldn't have had to save you sorry, soft cheese eating surrender monkey's! TWICE! Maybe if you fuckers had even just a little bit of heart, you wouldn't have had to have us hand you the win, so you could look like you were men in front of the Russians.

What do you know about freedom?!?! If you had a well regulated militia...we wouldn't have had to save you sorry, soft cheese eating surrender monkey's! TWICE! Maybe if you fuckers had even just a little bit of heart, you wouldn't have had to have us hand you the win, so you could look like you were men in front of the Russians.
I thought you were a reasonable debater, capable of discussing without name-calling. Different from Sam and Will.
Seems like I was wrong...

What can a well regulated militia do against a Panzer division or a squadron of Stukas ?

Russians did it but mostly because russian winters are very cold and Moscow is far from Berlin so the nazi had supply problems but Berlin is not that far from Paris so supply wouldn't have been a problem for the Germans. And french winters are not that cold...

Mr. Daystar

I thought you were a reasonable debater, capable of discussing without name-calling. Different from Sam and Will.
Seems like I was wrong...

What can a well regulated militia do against a Panzer division or a squadron of Stukas ?

Russians did it but mostly because russian winters are very cold and Moscow is far from Berlin so the nazi had supply problems but Berlin is not that far from Paris so supply wouldn't have been a problem for the Germans. And french winters are not that cold...

The fucking Polocks fought back against tanks and guns, with pitch forks, on horse back...they were slaughtered....they died on their feet, instead of living on their knees. Your people rolled over, and went to work for the Nazi's. And I meant, America kicked the Germans ass, then let your army go in at the end, so they would look good.
I can think of worse people to be compared to...maybe if you had a clue, lived here and had the right to bitch about the situation, and weren't such a self righteous, arrogant, stereotypical Frenchman...you wouldn't get what you get....from obviously more then just me...your bullshit is getting tiresome.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Why is there an argument about this? Federal courts have upheld people's rights to have guns all the time. The state may regulate them but they can't stop you from having one. If you don't like the restrictions then take that up with your local legislators.

Bob... off topic here for just a second or two..... Ya know, if you and I were ever able to meet up, I would REALLY be disappointed if you look nothing like Larry Fine from The Three Stooges.

:)

That's exactly what the Syrian rebels are doing and they are doing it well.

It's also what the French Resistance did against the Nazis, and they did it with a single shot .45 ACP.

The Syrian rebels are getting support form defecting Syrian military units, the U.S., and other countries. The French Resistance was saved since the Nazis had to guard the French coast form Allied invasion. They couldn't use all of their men and massive military firepower against the French Resistance. Rebels will not last long against military firepower with no outside help. Chechnya is the best example of that, I can think of at this time.