• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

28 race horses dead in California since Xmas.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
26 at Santa Anita. Has anyone been following this story?

Nancy Pelosi wants the track to shut down but she can't make that happen. It's a state issue and California governess.

I was going to fund my OTB account for the current season but now it is off. I will be withdrawing all of my funds and not wager on horse racing till this shit is cleared. The entire horse racing industry is to be accountable for these tragedies.

Wanna see something funny? Look up those that want to keep the track open. Yea, when I finally get my pony from Santa for Xmas, I'll send them right to California.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
What is exactly happening? How are they dying? Whats the usual average?

bobjustbob

Nearly 10 horses a week, on average, died at American racetracks in 2018, according to the Jockey Club’s Equine Injury Database. That’s a fatality rate that is anywhere from two and a half to five times greater than in the rest of the racing world.

So, those 20 some horses are not just an average. Reporting about Santa Anita IS the story. It is a story about horse racing that is a stain, tragedy. The reasons for the deaths have been documented. Feed them what makes them not hurt and they might not take that bad step again ... Well, that doesn't always happen.

Now here's another thing. States have rules about medications. All of them. Even if you want to purchase a horse, you need a medical plan ...unless you are a trainer. Is this the time that I can get a pony??? Pray for me.

The "epidemic" numbers were restricted to Santa Anita though, no?

And things have been ok since Santa Anita re-opened, yes or no?

bobjustbob

The "epidemic" numbers were restricted to Santa Anita though, no?

And things have been ok since Santa Anita re-opened, yes or no?

Things did not get better at Santa Anita. The closure was in March and I'm catching up on the back story. 2 died within 4 days in May. 1 in a race and another while galloping during training. Santa Anita is not the only track with such disturbing numbers. Churchill Downs is far worse and they are not getting on board to support some of the proposed changes. They fear PETA. Quoted saying that it would be letting the hawk into the hen house.

That's their bullshit excuse. Churchill Downs is big player in the industry. Kentucky bread houses with their owners and trainers and vets saying that they can police themselves. With that, Kentucky happens to be a state that doesn't have to reveal death records of horses. Statistics prove that they haven't for decades.

They have 15 race dates left for June before they shut down till the fall meet. 10 races a day is 150 races. 8X150=1200 horse starts. I will let anyone spank my hairy, chubby backside if a horse doesn't die.

Wait! Where am I ??? This shit isn't real. Why am I wasting my time. I'm ghonna look at boobies.

bobjustbob

2 more horses died over the weekend and the track will stay open to racing. Tragic as SA stated that recent implementations were made to curtail these horse deaths. SA has a few more days of races before closing sometime in June.

In the fall, the Breeders Cup is to be hosted at SA. This event is now hosted over a weekend. $30 million to be earned in purses Some entries are a "Win and Your In" from certain previous races. No staking, invited to come and race. Automatic entry of your horse. Just get your healthy horse there... there are reservations by some. Those are the people of the Breeders Cup.

The Breeders Cup is not the part of the regular SA calendar. Those folks at the BC could very well hold their event at another track. I hope this happens. As the saying goes, the horses are already out of the barn.