• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

20th Anniversary of the 9/11 Attacks

Tomorrow will be a day of reflection in the US as many of us will be reflecting on the attacks and those we lost. Many of us in NY know people who were lost when the buildings came down and I know I can still see the faces of my friends who working in the towers who did not make it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-victims-nyc-pentagon-shanksville/5665710001/

I have no political thoughts as the anniversary approaches. Just reflecting on those lost in NY, PA, and DC. God Bless the First Responded who rushed into where others ran away. Many lost their lives in doing so.

I was looking into a little local history (for obvious reasons) and came across the following. I wanted to share these images before tomorrow’s anniversary…

Some may remember the quirky early ‘70’s movie ‘Godspell’. It was filmed throughout 1972 in various iconic locations around New York City. Among those locations was the top of one of the newly completed WTC Towers with its twin (still under construction) visible in the background. Tomorrow we’ll commemorate their fall - these images capture them when they were brand new ornaments on our skyline.
(The last 20 seconds of the attached video is worth a watch).

https://youtu.be/QL6d0ASmvfs

C97235C6-59FA-478F-B53A-825C9F197F6F.jpeg
E36336CC-11E4-49FA-BEDE-DFEC7DA09CBD.jpeg

Theopolis Q. Hossenffer

Every Nation Needs a God-Emperor!
I remember the movie, and am so old I once saw the live show in Chicago, at I think the Auditorium theater. Very impressive both of them. The woman I was seeing at the ti9me was Pentecostal(don't ask) and dragged me to it. They did a good job on the integration of the towers in the movie. I had forgotten about it until you reminded me. Thanks for that.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Tomorrow will be a day of reflection in the US as many of us will be reflecting on the attacks and those we lost. Many of us in NY know people who were lost when the buildings came down and I know I can still see the faces of my friends who working in the towers who did not make it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-victims-nyc-pentagon-shanksville/5665710001/

I have no political thoughts as the anniversary approaches. Just reflecting on those lost in NY, PA, and DC. God Bless the First Responded who rushed into where others ran away. Many lost their lives in doing so.
I think it's very noble, and admirable of you to continue to honor their memory Mike. I can't express any thoughts here without turning this thread bad, and I don't want to do that to you. I still harbor ill will towards the whole mockery, of a shame, of 2 travesties, of a fiasco. But God bless your fallen friends Mike.

I remember the movie, and am so old I once saw the live show in Chicago, at I think the Auditorium theater. Very impressive both of them. The woman I was seeing at the ti9me was Pentecostal(don't ask) and dragged me to it. They did a good job on the integration of the towers in the movie. I had forgotten about it until you reminded me. Thanks for that.
It’s always about the women, right? :)

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism
And the music. The soundtrack to Godspeed is classic.