• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2012/2013 NCAA Football Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rumor is Jim Tressel is in the mix and has already been interviewed. I think that's wishful thinking. Why the fuck would he want to come here and coach? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. I just don't see it happening. Purdue doesn't/won't pay coaches (see Matt Painter). I don't see how they could pony up the cash to bring in a big name.

My guess is they bring in some no name coordinator or head coach from a smaller program. Out last two head coaches came from Wyoming and Eastern Kentucky. I see no reason why it would be any different this time.

I dunno, man. I had the same thoughts about Notre Dame three years ago, and it looks to me like the right fit was made. It isn't impossible that someone who fits the program perfectly is out there, and they'll make a huge difference.

Nice win over Indiana. That was a lot of points you guys put up.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy
Rumor is Jim Tressel is in the mix and has already been interviewed. I think that's wishful thinking. Why the fuck would he want to come here and coach? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have him. I just don't see it happening. Purdue doesn't/won't pay coaches (see Matt Painter). I don't see how they could pony up the cash to bring in a big name.

My guess is they bring in some no name coordinator or head coach from a smaller program. Out last two head coaches came from Wyoming and Eastern Kentucky. I see no reason why it would be any different this time.

Turner Gill just a name. He did great at Buffalo but he sucked at Kansas:dunno:

If Purdue wants to pay its coaches in tennis balls, they are in the wrong conference to do that. Almost every coach in the Big 10(+2) makes at least a million dollars a year. Purdue has driven a lot of coaches in just about every sport insane for its cheap salaries in comparison to the rest of the Big 10 which is why few coaches stay at Purdue very long.

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
I'm officially resolving you of any responsibility in this. Don't do it. It's a lucky year for Notre Dame...

In other words, he doesn't want you to jinx his team. ;)

I have to wait until December 8th for Army-Navy. Blah.

GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!!!

Worst coach ever at Colorado University, fired. (strikes defiant tone during awkward press conference)

Embree was fired Sunday after a 1-11 season and going 4-21 in his two years on the job. He was the first black head coach in the history of the program and the only coach to be given fewer than three full seasons on the job since 1962.

video: http://www.coloradodaily.com/sports...e-live-video?source=most_viewed#ixzz2DSOo9W1N
Coloradodaily.com

Colorado is the football program in the most turmoil right now. Had it not been for a Washington St team that was almost as bad, they wouldve been winless. There isnt a coach who is going to fix that mess in two years, it will take at least three years of a competent coach, theres no talent, recruiting is not helping matters. At this point Savanna St is in better shape than CU

everyone ready for the national championship game in Atlanta Saturday??? i really think it may be the DAWGS turn.. lets see lsu, florida, auburn, bama, ...yea its Georgias turn! say it aint so SEC 7 times 7 times 7 times NC..of course they must beat notre dame...but that wont be no hard job. they been hanging by a thread all year. you can only be lucky so long............... the only reason they still in the way is because USC started the guy from the concession stand at qb..and they still had to struggle to win

Welcome back Skyraider. Good to see you! :thumbsup:

Wasn't there some wager made about this game?

Yeah there were..... :crying:

I'm on the road right now but I'll be back next week to post my Irish ass kiss thread :throwup:

...and if you win the NC game I have to sport a Domer avatar for a year..... :helpme:

Why did Barkley have to get injured? Why, why, why?........ :brick:

I'm on the road right now but I'll be back next week to post my Irish ass kiss thread :throwup:

...and if you win the NC game I have to sport a Domer avatar for a year..... :helpme:

I dobt think it woulda made any difference if Matt Barkely had started, the trend with him was that the best defenses (i.e. Stanfird) got the best if him everytime, ND wouldve taken him apart just the same. Love or hate the Domers, im not one of their fans, you have to give them that they play defense with the best as good as anyone. The BCS championship game is not going to be an easy takedown of Notre Dame, esp with an opponent eigher Bama or Georgia that will be banged up at reciever, and everyone knows running on that defense is near impossible as it is.

I have no recollection of this wager. A whole year? That's overkill. No way, dude.

I dobt think it woulda made any difference if Matt Barkely had started, the trend with him was that the best defenses (i.e. Stanfird) got the best if him everytime, ND wouldve taken him apart just the same. Love or hate the Domers, im not one of their fans, you have to give them that they play defense with the best as good as anyone. The BCS championship game is not going to be an easy takedown of Notre Dame, esp with an opponent eigher Bama or Georgia that will be banged up at reciever, and everyone knows running on that defense is near impossible as it is.

Good post. People who think the Irish have held on by a thread, or been lucky all year are simply not looking at the facts. They only allowed something like 10 touchdowns all year, and only 2 rushing touchdowns. Freshman quarterback developed like crazy, can throw and run. One of the best defenses in the nation. A team developing under a head coach that has had nothing but success in all previous jobs, and much of their success can be pinned on good play calling.

It's easy to hate on the Irish, because they get so much attention, even when they suck balls (which they have for a very long time). But I think you're going to see the Irish stick around the top ten teams for the foreseeable future.

hey welcome back to you bodie....i was about to put you MIA list after the stanford game..maybe even suicide watch lol j/k its not much looking like we going to see oregon bama matchup. but you are my witness..when the year first begin...remember what team i said would win the sec? my reason being...georgia has one of the best qb s in nation at least in the top 3. they also returned 10 from that defense that got humiliated by the lsu offense....even tho they got beat down in that game...they faced probably the best offense they have faced since they been playing...and they went to school in that game. you cant teach experience in the locker room if bama gets out of this with a win...FINALLY i will have a glass of bama kool aid .......georgia 28 bama 24. and this is one i hope i am so wrong about lol

Last edited:
I have no recollection of this wager. A whole year? That's overkill. No way, dude.

Good post. People who think the Irish have held on by a thread, or been lucky all year are simply not looking at the facts. They only allowed something like 10 touchdowns all year, and only 2 rushing touchdowns. Freshman quarterback developed like crazy, can throw and run. One of the best defenses in the nation. A team developing under a head coach that has had nothing but success in all previous jobs, and much of their success can be pinned on good play calling.

It's easy to hate on the Irish, because they get so much attention, even when they suck balls (which they have for a very long time). But I think you're going to see the Irish stick around the top ten teams for the foreseeable future.

I don't hate on the Irish because of the attention. I hate on them because 2 years ago, one of their football players raped a freshman at
St. Mary’s College and the Irish administration did nothing about it. They also did nothing when another football player threatened her to keep quiet and she ended up committing suicide.

- - -

As for the current team, I knew the Irish finally got it right when they hired Brian Kelly. Back when Auburn hired Gene Chizik, I had 3 guys on my wish list that Auburn would offer the job to: Chris Petersen, Gus Malzahn or Brian Kelly. Now, Auburn is looking again and Brian Kelly isn't going anywhere, so Petersen and Malzahn are my first choices, with Bobby Petrino a distant third. Yes, Petrino has a lot of baggage, but he still is a good coach and Auburn could get him at a bargain price.

As for the national championship game, Notre Dame will have a difficult time with either GA or Bama, but I think they would have a better chance against Bama as Georgia has a better offense. Bama's offense is built around rushing and short yardage passing, which AJ McCarron is very good at, but the Bama staff cringe every time they allow him to go for the long ball. As for the defenses, GA has a typical SEC defense (excellent), but Bama's defense should frighten the crap out of any offense.

I don't hate on the Irish because of the attention. I hate on them because 2 years ago, one of their football players raped a freshman at
St. Mary’s College and the Irish administration did nothing about it. They also did nothing when another football player threatened her to keep quiet and she ended up committing suicide.

Let me put your mind at ease, then. I know for 100% sure that the girl lied. The fact of the matter is that there was absolutely no rape. This was proved beyond ANY doubt in three or four ways. The girl, in the end, admitted to lying. She was unstable, and her suicide had nothing to do with the alleged rape.

The University, rather than taking the easy way out and publicly showing the girl was a liar, had a lot of long conversations with the football players involved, with the girls family, and with others involved in the whole scene. The football player agreed that it was best for the girl's memory and family if it was not exposed how unstable she was, and the university attached a letter drafted by our County Prosecutor that exonerated him. The university did what was best for the family involved, not for themselves.

I can report this now because this has leaked out all over the place. I can also say it with complete confidence because my source for this was someone inside the prosecutors office who was in charge of the criminal investigation.

Hope that helps

:hatsoff:

Let me put your mind at ease, then. I know for 100% sure that the girl lied. The fact of the matter is that there was absolutely no rape. This was proved beyond ANY doubt in three or four ways. The girl, in the end, admitted to lying. She was unstable, and her suicide had nothing to do with the alleged rape.

The University, rather than taking the easy way out and publicly showing the girl was a liar, had a lot of long conversations with the football players involved, with the girls family, and with others involved in the whole scene. The football player agreed that it was best for the girl's memory and family if it was not exposed how unstable she was, and the university attached a letter drafted by our County Prosecutor that exonerated him. The university did what was best for the family involved, not for themselves.

I can report this now because this has leaked out all over the place. I can also say it with complete confidence because my source for this was someone inside the prosecutors office who was in charge of the criminal investigation.

Hope that helps

:hatsoff:

Helps you, maybe.

If this were true, the player involved would be screaming about this from the rooftops, because the fact is, this accusation will follow him for the rest of his life.

Helps you, maybe.

If this were true, the player involved would be screaming about this from the rooftops, because the fact is, this accusation will follow him for the rest of his life.

Not with the letter and dossier from the County Prosecutor, it won't. Makes him look like quite a stand-up guy, if you ask me.

Yes a whole year! That's what I promised, and that's what I'll do :1orglaugh

PJ I disagree. I think SC definitely would have won that game with Barkley. Even without him they were only down 6 at two different intervals before losing by 9. The freshman didn't play terrible...he had a pretty decent game all things considered.......but he obviously lacked game leadership/savvy, and he never was able to establish any passing consistency, which allowed ND to focus on the Trojans running game.

Yes I'll grant that Brian Kelly has done a real good job as coach at Notre Dame. Oh how I miss Charlie Weiss!! :crying:

Thanks smoknn. No suicide for me :1orglaugh....... I'm used to the Ducks breaking my heart. I just wait every year to see how creatively they'll go about doing it! Yeah I remember you picked Georgia.

Conner makes a good point about Georgia's offense possibly being more of a problem for the Domer's than Alabama's. I just think either team is too fast and too athletic for Notre Dame, although Georgia has a nasty habit of not showing up at all sometimes.

Skyraider22

The One and Only Big Daddy

Thanks man so does Northern Illinois get a BCS and I think this is Georgia's year if not now never

Yes a whole year! That's what I promised, and that's what I'll do :1orglaugh

PJ I disagree. I think SC definitely would have won that game with Barkley. Even without him they were only down 6 at two different intervals before losing by 9. The freshman didn't play terrible...he had a pretty decent game all things considered.......but he obviously lacked game leadership/savvy, and he never was able to establish any passing consistency, which allowed ND to focus on the Trojans running game.

Yes I'll grant that Brian Kelly has done a real good job as coach at Notre Dame. Oh how I miss Charlie Weiss!! :crying:

Thanks smoknn. No suicide for me :1orglaugh....... I'm used to the Ducks breaking my heart. I just wait every year to see how creatively they'll go about doing it! Yeah I remember you picked Georgia.

Conner makes a good point about Georgia's offense possibly being more of a problem for the Domer's than Alabama's. I just think either team is too fast and too athletic for Notre Dame, although Georgia has a nasty habit of not showing up at all sometimes.
in 1993 i never thought i would live to see bama win 3 national championships in 4 years even tho we are 2 games away in 2012...i just feel like georgia has went to the well to many times and came back with no water. but if they beat bama....they damn well better beat that other bunch from down yonder at that other place
..or i may be on suicide watch after the game lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.