• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2010 Tennis Thread (Grand Slams, ATP World Tour, Davis Cup)

lechepicha

Prince of the Rotten Milk
Roddick beats Nadal's ass back to Spain with a 3 and 4 three set victory in Miami.

yep. And with that defeat, Rafa erased his brilliant game against Tsonga, where some of us thought that he actually were back in form. But sadly, that's not the case. Let's see some stats to prove his bad moment:

* He's now 0-11 (Jesus!) in his last 11 matches against top-8 players:

Roddick (#7, SF in Miami, Mar 2010)
Davydenko (#6, F in Doha, Jan 2010)
Murray (#4, QF in Australia, Jan 2010)
Davydenko (#7, RR in London, Dec 2009)
Djokovic (#3, RR in London, Dec 2009)
Djokovic (#3, SF in Paris, Nov 2009)
Davydenko (#8, F in Shanghai, Nov 2009)
Del Potro (#6, SF in US Open, Aug 2009)
Djokovic (#4, SF in Cincinnati, Aug 2009)
Del Potro (#6, QF in Canada, Aug 2009)
Federer (#2, F in Madrid, May 2009)

* He got no titles in the last 11 months! that's too damn much for someone like him.

* He has failed to win any major title (Grand Slams, ATP Masters 1000) in his last 12 attempts (biggest drought in his career)

the good news? he moves to clay now. Montecarlo, Barcelona, Rome and Madrid. Like i said before: if he doesn't win at least two of those four, he will be officially fucked up. For good.

yep. And with that defeat, Rafa erased his brilliant game against Tsonga, where some of us thought that he actually were back in form. But sadly, that's not the case. Let's see some stats to prove his bad moment:

* He's now 0-11 (Jesus!) in his last 11 matches against top-8 players:

Roddick (#7, SF in Miami, Mar 2010)
Davydenko (#6, F in Doha, Jan 2010)
Murray (#4, QF in Australia, Jan 2010)
Davydenko (#7, RR in London, Dec 2009)
Djokovic (#3, RR in London, Dec 2009)
Djokovic (#3, SF in Paris, Nov 2009)
Davydenko (#8, F in Shanghai, Nov 2009)
Del Potro (#6, SF in US Open, Aug 2009)
Djokovic (#4, SF in Cincinnati, Aug 2009)
Del Potro (#6, QF in Canada, Aug 2009)
Federer (#2, F in Madrid, May 2009)

* He got no titles in the last 11 months! that's too damn much for someone like him.

* He has failed to win any major title (Grand Slams, ATP Masters 1000) in his last 12 attempts (biggest drought in his career)

the good news? he moves to clay now. Montecarlo, Barcelona, Rome and Madrid. Like i said before: if he doesn't win at least two of those four, he will be officially fucked up. For good.

True, but give Roddick some credit, I mean he was a finalist in his last event and he very may likely win this one. :nanner: And he played great today. I still think he's got a couple majors in him (I HOPE!) :)

lechepicha

True, but give Roddick some credit, I mean he was a finalist in his last event and he very may likely win this one. :nanner: And he played great today.

couldn't agree more :)

i didn't mean that. I mean, Andy played AWESOME (for one and a half sets), BUT Rafa, the old rafa, couldn't care if his opponent was playing the tennis of his life, he just would kick his ass, so...

but yeah, Andy played one of the best tennis we've seen him, specially coming from behind against someone like Rafa.

I still think he's got a couple majors in him (I HOPE!) :)

i hope that too. Maybe a US Open 2010 or Wimbledon 2010 and an Australian Open 2011, if he keeps playing like this.

But, one thing is getting to the finals of an ATP Masters 1000 avoiding Federer, Murray and Djokovic, and another completely different one is getting a Grand Slam final, and even harder, win it (Roddick fans, please pray for avoiding that nasty Federer Express in those matches...) ;)

for tomorrow final, Andy won't have it easy against Berdych... he's playing darn good. I mean, beat Soderling 6-2, 6-2 ? that's NOT an easy thing to do...

couldn't agree more :)

i didn't mean that. I mean, Andy played AWESOME (for one and a half sets), BUT Rafa, the old rafa, couldn't care if his opponent was playing the tennis of his life, he just would kick his ass, so...

but yeah, Andy played one of the best tennis we've seen him, specially coming from behind against someone like Rafa.

i hope that too. Maybe a US Open 2010 or Wimbledon 2010 and an Australian Open 2011, if he keeps playing like this.

But, one thing is getting to the finals of an ATP Masters 1000 avoiding Federer, Murray and Djokovic, and another completely different one is getting a Grand Slam final, and even harder, win it (Roddick fans, please pray for avoiding that nasty Federer Express in those matches...) ;)

for tomorrow final, Andy won't have it easy against Berdych... he's playing darn good. I mean, beat Soderling 6-2, 6-2 ? that's NOT an easy thing to do...

It should be a great match. Roddick beat him 6 and 6 the last time they played. I wonder how many majors Roddick (not to mention Djokovic) would have with no Federer.

lechepicha

8e4963478e7d7ec6cfdfc11a95f0904a.jpg

Roddick won his 29th career title (5th Masters 1000), in his 4th final of the 2010. Not bad for someone that a lot of folks thought that was done.

I dare to say that his four finals (two Masters 1000 consecutive) and his two titles (Brisbane and Miami) make him the most in-form player of the world right now.

Sadly for him, now we move into clay. But hey! who knows? maybe he improves there as well. His best performance in Roland Garros is 4th round (last year), but maybe he can improve to a QF or SF.

Good times for Andy. I'm happy for him. He's one of those players that i like to be still active.

And good times for Berdych as well: beating Federer, Verdasco and Soderling is no easy feat to do.

This week tennis continues:

- ATP 250 in Casablanca (Marocco). Top seeds: Wawrinka and Hanescu (wtf?). Wawrinka REALLY SHOULD win this one.
- ATP 250 in Houston (USA). Top seeds: Gonzalez, Querrey, Isner, Karlovic, Hewitt. Should be interesting. My guess is Querrey.

^
It doesn't look like his knees were bothering in that brief clip from the Roddick match. I watched the first 2 sets, missed the 3rd of that one :( but he was moving fine through that one. He just fell apart in the second set...

Clay is forgiving on his knees...I think because he hasn't won a title of any kind, I'd like to see him play more tennis leading up to the French so he can send a message to the Feds and the Field...I'm coming back to take my title beeyatches :thefinger

^
It doesn't look like his knees were bothering in that brief clip from the Roddick match. I watched the first 2 sets, missed the 3rd of that one :( but he was moving fine through that one. He just fell apart in the second set...

Clay is forgiving on his knees...I think because he hasn't won a title of any kind, I'd like to see him play more tennis leading up to the French so he can send a message to the Feds and the Field...I'm coming back to take my title beeyatches :thefinger

I think you're thinking of grass as the surface that's forgiving to him.

lechepicha

I'd like to see him play more tennis leading up to the French so he can send a message to the Feds and the Field...I'm coming back to take my title beeyatches :thefinger

hmmmmm... i wouldn't be so sure, titsrock.

i mean, the one thing he's missing from the old Rafa is precisely his killing-bulls attitude.

but who knows? it would be nice to re-ignite a Fed-Rafa rivarly...

Claycourt season: Is it finally time to get serious about the Federer-Nadal rivalry again?

http://blog.oregonlive.com/tennis/2...us_about_the_federer-nadal_rivalry_again.html

lechepicha

AE316FC8607D491AA50CA8260B1D961B.ashx

Argentinean veteran Juan Ignacio Chela won the ATP 250 of Houston, USA.
It's the ((((fifth)))) title of his career, his first title in ((((3 years)))) and his first final since ((((1 year)))).
Let's remember that he was no. (((((14))))) in the world in ((((2006)))) and was one of the "Argeninean Legion" member.
He likes clay, so, he should be doing fine in the next couple months.
He defeat Sam Querrey of USA, who (at least for me) lose surprisingly. But let's remember clay is not his best surface.
He should be fine in the upcomings tournaments, i really expect a 4th round or maybe QF in Roland Garros.

C847777852FE47609127D16469BF7C5F.ashx

Top seed Swiss No.2 (after you know who) Stan Wawrinka won the ATP 250 of Casablanca, Marroco.
He beat no.2 seed Hanescu in the final, where the logic worked: the top seed won with not much trouble.
I mean, if Hanescu is the no.2 of the tournament, you shouldn't be too worried, right ?
Anyway, good for the swiss, and good news for Roger too, who is well known for following closely the performances of his countrymen.
With Federer and Wawrinka, Switzerland shouldn't have problems to get back to the world group davis cup in september (even if they draw against USA or Sweden)
It's the 2nd title of his career, his first title in ((((4 years)))) and his first final since ((((2 year)))).
Ironicly, he now plays Hanescu in the 1st round of MonteCarlo... Stan should prevail again. Heck, y think Stan is going to beat Djokovic! We will see...

Caroline Wozniacki reclaims Ponte Vedra title

_47628352_009100654-1.jpg

World number two Caroline Wozniacki beat Olga Govortsova 6-2 7-5 to defend her MPS Group Championships title at Ponte Vedra Beach in Florida.

Top seed Wozniacki trailed 4-1 in the second set but dug deep to put the Belarussian under pressure again.

Govortsova had set-point at 5-4 before the 19-year-old Dane drew level and then clinched the next two games.

Italian Flavia Pennetta, meanwhile, beat Spain's Carla Suarez Navarro 6-2 4-6 6-3 in the Andalucia Open final.

The second seed had not dropped a set all week but was made to work hard in Sunday's decider in Marbella.

Pennetta, inconsistent at times, looked as though she would romp to victory after powering through the first set.

Suarez Navarro improved to take the second before the world number 16 edged a tight decider to win her ninth title.

Decent win and I fancy her to gain her revenge and beat Jankovic in the final at Charleston.

lechepicha

^^ good for Wozzie. It's nice to se someone that beautiful winning... =P

Novak Djokovic splits with coach Todd Martin

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hn9hq7yDBN5nFKYgClujxt0_A0NwD9F1HLJO0

Martin was just an average player, and is just an average coach, IMO.

Murray Needs Victories To Stay Number Four

http://news.freebettingonline.co.uk...61/murray-needs-victories-to-stay-number-four

poor andy... first losing in Australia, then crashing hard in Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami, and now drop to no. 5 ??? pufff... he should go to the quiet highlands and get his mind right.

Rivals ready to pounce on out-of-form Nadal

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5inKbyWeDakmqEzQVzis5NY9c6hog

I'm not sure to afirm that he is "out-of-form", but he's certainly not the same.