• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2009 MLB Draft

Well, for those of us who enjoy baseball, this is our chance to discuss the draft while having it completely disregarded by the mainstream media, save for Steven Strasberg (unlike the NFL and NBA, but that's another issue for another time).

Here is the order in the first round and sandwich round.

1. Nationals
2. Mariners
3. Padres
4. Pirates
5. Orioles
6. Giants
7. Braves
8. Reds
9. Tigers
10. Nationals (because they didn't sign Aaron Crow)
11. Rockies
12. Royals
13. Athletics
14. Rangers
15. Indians
16. Diamondbacks
17. Diamondbacks (compensation from Dodgers for Orlando Hudson)
18. Marlins
19. Cardinals
20. Blue Jays
21. Astros
22. Twins
23. White Sox
24. Angels (compensation from Mets for Francisco Rodriguez)
25. Angels (compensation from Yankees for Mark Teixeira)
26. Brewers
27. Mariners (compensation from Phillies for Raul Ibanez)
28. Red Sox
29. Yankees (did not sign Gerrit Cole)
30. Rays
31. Cubs
32. Rockies (compensation from Angels for Brian Fuentes)

Supplemental First Round
33. Mariners (compensation for Ibanez)
34. Rockies (compensation for Fuentes)
35. Diamondbacks (compensation for Hudson)
36. Dodgers (compensation for Derek Lowe)
37. Blue Jays (compensation for A.J. Burnett)
38. White Sox (compensation for Orlando Cabrera)
39. Brewers (compensation for C.C. Sabathia)
40. Angels (compensation for Teixeira)
41. Diamondbacks (compensation for Juan Cruz)
42. Angels (compensation for Rodriguez)
43. Reds (compensation for Jeremy Affeldt)
44. Rangers (compensation for Milton Bradley)
45. Diamondbacks (compensation for Brandon Lyon)
46. Twins (compensation for Dennys Reyes)
47. Brewers (compensation for Brian Shouse)
48. Angels (compensation for Jon Garland)
49. Pirates (did not sign Tanner Scheppers)

Does anyone besides me follow college players and "scout" for your favorite team? Who do you think your team pick, or better yet, who do you want them to take?

I'm hoping Grant Green falls to the A's at 13, but I'm betting that won't happen.

well i hope that when then Nationals take Strasburg unlike every other time Boras represents a kid he gets signed quickly so they can pitch him in thier rotation by August 1st.Green won't fall to the A's unfortunatley but i think a 3rd Basemen might be more needed,given that Chavez is done and the A's have ss options in the minors

red001

well i hope that when then Nationals take Strasburg unlike every other time Boras represents a kid he gets signed quickly so they can pitch him in thier rotation by August 1st.Green won't fall to the A's unfortunatley but i think a 3rd Basemen might be more needed,given that Chavez is done and the A's have ss options in the minors

red001

Oh there's no doubt that the A's as an organization need 3B/SS right now, but the problem is, there aren't that many good ones out there, who had been reasonably had.

Well my team (Mets) don't have any pick in the first or supplemental round, so I guess it's the best talent on the board whoever that may be.

Well, for those of us who enjoy baseball, this is our chance to discuss the draft while having it completely disregarded by the mainstream media, save for Steven Strasberg (unlike the NFL and NBA, but that's another issue for another time).

In the thread about that one kid that people think might be a good prospect I mentioned that unlike in the NFL or NBA people that first come in to MLB or are drafted rarely make an immediate impact for their teams. That along with the difficulty of picking the right players is why I think the MLB draft just isn't given that much emphasis. There's also the fact that a lot of people in baseball come in outside the draft where in the other two sports it's rare, although it does happen, to have an undrafted free agent become a great player.

That SC SS is looking to go to the A's, his stock dropped after a subpar year, so there's a good chance he drops to 13. As for pick 6 I have idea who the Giants are taking, talk of a hard throwing lefty high schooler. Or the 1B/OF from UNC who is said to be the best pure hitter in the draft. Im intrigued by the high school kid who was on the cover of SI, and Strasburg, how will he handle pitching against the NL East and those offenses?

In the thread about that one kid that people think might be a good prospect I mentioned that unlike in the NFL or NBA people that first come in to MLB or are drafted rarely make an immediate impact for their teams. That along with the difficulty of picking the right players is why I think the MLB draft just isn't given that much emphasis. There's also the fact that a lot of people in baseball come in outside the draft where in the other two sports it's rare, although it does happen, to have an undrafted free agent become a great player.

Yeah, that's one reason. Another reason is (pardon the rant) the fact that every other college sports gets weekly in season mainstream coverage. Baseball does not, save for the College World Series. I can't watch ESPN but for a few hours a month because they spend so much damn time hyping up football and basketball prospects.

Oh, and I'm very happy with the A's day at the draft. Got a really toolsy guy who I'm personally really high on, and a solid pitching prospect. Good day at the office.

well green did fall to the A's. the Giants drafted yet another pitcher, to bad they don't actually try to fill the desperate need for power.I think the Pirates really overreached for thier pick.

red001

Day 2 report.

If the A's can sign all of their picks they've easily got one of the top two drafts this year. Stassi looks like a star in the making.