• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2001: A Space Odyssey is the greatest film in cinematic history

Anyone that disagrees is wrong.

The bedroom where Dave rapidly ages creeps me out. I am not sure if it is the Louis XIV decor or the fact that the room has no windows. The room seems very large. And cold.

There is a recreation of this room at an art gallery in downtown Los Angeles called the 14th Factory. I must visit this gallery the next time I visit L.A. and face my fear. I may not be able to do it. I am serious, this room is a phobia for me and I do not know why. Creepy and exhilarating.

Perhaps it is the floor tile that seems to be lit that weirds me out.

A bedroom gives me nightmares..WTF?

HATED IT!

I LOVE Hockey. This time of year with the Stanley Cup Playoffs are awesome

I HATED "Slap Shot"

Seriously

I know this movie is consider one of the greatest ever and I am fine with people thinking that

HATED IT

bullshit. Starship Troopers is.

It's a coming-of-age film with everything from thrilling football sequences, unrequited love, gender neutral shower scenes, rousing nationalism and militarism, epic set pieces, and more bugs than you can spray a can of Raid at.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
:2offtopic

It's a coming-of-age film with everything from thrilling football sequences, unrequited love, gender neutral shower scenes, rousing nationalism and militarism, epic set pieces, and more bugs than you can spray a can of Raid at.

Neil Patrick Harris, aka "Colonel" Doogie Howser with giant bugs? :D Nah. ;)

The best science fiction film in this context is Blade Runner with Harrison Ford.

As for Stanley Kubrick, he may be the man. But 2001: A Space Odyssey isn't even his greatest film. This is ...

With Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall. :) Honorable Mention to A Clockwork Orange with Malcolm McDowell. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Book is a wonderful thing.

Strangelove is still my favorite.

2001 - A Space Odyssey ? Not even in my top 10,

Barry Lyndon is THE movie

I would have The Great Dictator on the #2 spot and Citizen Kane on 3rd place

I like space odyssey 2001 yes is was a great movie for sure but what about space odyssey 2010 i dont if you guys like that movie but i sure did

Luxman

#TRE45ON
I like space odyssey 2001 yes is was a great movie for sure but what about space odyssey 2010 i dont if you guys like that movie but i sure did

Roy Scheider (RIP) as Heywood Floyd was kinda weird.

It was OK but gave off a made for TV vibe.

It certainly wasn't anything near the original.

never saw it, but i'm sure it sucked shit.

- - - Updated - - -

and yeah, back to the future is the greatest movie of all time, even if it was a blatant rip-off of the terminator

You should check it out.

Your family is in the opening scene called "The Dawn Of Man".