What is Capitalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I audibly sighed while on a phone call at work and I think the other person was offended.
 
I had completely forgotten about my job. This is something THC can do today which a1cohol has not done for quite some time. That is a positive. I looked over at the table and saw my laptop from work and was a moment when I genuinely anything about any of that. Which means, I was completely unaware of the job which I had been doing less then two hours ago. It was magical and I would give anything to go back.
 
I had the AI I use at work write the script for the final scene in my "Batman vs. Doctor Doom: Capitalism" movie and I am including it here:

Premium Media Content
Upgrade to Premium to view all images in this thread


Batman vs Doctor Doom — Final Confrontation
INT. LATVERIAN THRONE ROOM – NIGHT
The room is vast. Stone, steel, and quiet authority.
DOOM stands at the center—still, composed, already victorious.
Screens flicker across the walls: markets stabilizing, governments complying.
From the shadows—
BATMAN steps forward.

DOOM
You are late, detective.

BATMAN
No.
He looks at the screens.
BATMAN (cont.)
Right on time.

DOOM
The world stabilizes even as you speak.
Energy flows. Markets recover. Conflict subsides.
A slight tilt of the mask.
DOOM (cont.)
You’ve seen the data. You know I’ve already won.

BATMAN
You’ve ****** equilibrium.

DOOM
I’ve perfected it.

Batman walks slowly, not circling Doom—circling the room, observing.

BATMAN
You built a system where every outcome leads back to you.

DOOM
As it should.

BATMAN
No redundancies. No independence. No friction.

DOOM
Friction is inefficiency.

BATMAN
Friction is stability.

A beat. Doom doesn’t move, but something sharpens.

DOOM
You mistake chaos for freedom.
The world has endured centuries of it.
War. Corruption. Mediocrity.
I removed all of it.

BATMAN
You didn’t remove it.
You absorbed it.

DOOM
Semantics.

Batman stops at a console. Doesn’t touch it.

BATMAN
You centralized risk.

A pause.
For the first time—something closer to interest from Doom.


DOOM
Explain.

BATMAN
Every supply chain routes through your architecture.
Every market signal resolves through your models.
Every government response depends on your decisions.

He looks directly at Doom.

BATMAN (cont.)
So when the system fails—
It fails as one piece.

DOOM
It will not fail.

BATMAN
It already is.

Doom turns slightly. Screens flicker again—subtle irregularities now.
Numbers still stable. But… not perfectly.


DOOM
***** fluctuations.
Correctable.

BATMAN
No.
Calm, controlled.
Not correctable.

More screens. More anomalies. Not catastrophic—just… incompatible.
Conflicting signals. Delayed responses. Feedback loops that don’t resolve cleanly.


DOOM
What have you done?

BATMAN
Nothing you didn’t allow.

DOOM
Do not insult me.

BATMAN
You optimized for control.
So I optimized for independence.

A beat.

BATMAN (cont.)
Every system you built—I introduced variables.
Local decision points.
Conflicting incentives.
Information asymmetry.

DOOM
Sabotage.

BATMAN
Decentralization.

Doom steps forward now—not aggressive, but intent.

DOOM
You’ve destabilized a functioning world.
For what?
Ideology?

BATMAN
For resilience.

DOOM
Resilience is inefficiency stretched across time.

BATMAN
Resilience survives failure.

The screens intensify now—no collapse, just increasing complexity.
Nothing resolves cleanly anymore.


DOOM
I can correct this.

BATMAN
You can try.

DOOM
I will succeed.

BATMAN
Not completely.

A long silence.

DOOM
You think this is victory?

BATMAN
No.

DOOM
Then what is it?

Batman steps closer now. Not threatening—certain.

BATMAN
Limitation.

DOOM
You’ve limited the world.

BATMAN
No.

A beat.

BATMAN (cont.)
I’ve limited you.

Doom stills.
For the first time: not anger—recognition.


DOOM
You would deny the world perfection…
Simply to deny me control?

BATMAN
There is no system perfect enough to trust with absolute control.

DOOM
There is.

BATMAN
Not one built by a single point of failure.

A long silence. The world continues outside—unstable, but functioning.

DOOM
You’ve preserved chaos.

BATMAN
I’ve preserved choice.

A beat.

DOOM
You believe they will choose better?

BATMAN
No.

Doom tilts his mask slightly.

BATMAN (cont.)
I believe they’ll choose.

Silence.

DOOM
Then we are at an impasse.

BATMAN
We were always going to be.

Batman turns, walking back toward the shadows.

DOOM
This is not over.

BATMAN
It never is.

Batman disappears into darkness.
The screens behind Doom continue flickering—not broken, not stable—just… alive.
Unpredictable.


🎯 Final image
Doom stands alone.
A ruler of a world that still functions—
…but no longer bends completely to him.

💬 Closing line (voiceover tone, optional)

“Control isn’t broken by *****.
It’s broken by removing the possibility of total control.”

Premium Media Content
Upgrade to Premium to view all images in this thread
 
Last edited:
Maybe I don't **** my job. I **** not being high and I am not high at work. Astute readers will then ask if I **** the moments of my life in which I am not high and not working. Not as much. I generally prefer my non-working hours to working hours even when not high.
 
So we had a floating holiday at work rather than have tomorrow off for July 4th so I have to work tomorrow. I am hoping that there will be enough people who do have tomorrow off that my work day will be less busy.
 
I decided to really think about a job I could have which would not make me miserable and want to be not alive. I think such a post would be as a journalist covering the NFL with the understanding that I am allowed to be an obnoxious idiot if Carolina is winning. I think I would be able to find enjoyment in that work. That would be really something.
 
My work computer is updating so it is "out" while I am living my life. I criticize it when I am in the room.
 
It's not the laptop's fault. It's just a tool. Not unlike myself. Though I am often blamed.
 
I bet nobody would have guessed there would be a comic book theme on this page.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top